Chapter 5: Nurse McCall

Warnings: Mentions of Mental Illness

Chapter Description: After a brief visit with Melissa, Rebekah considers the thought of staying in Beacon Hills... Now she just had to convince Elijah of her plan.

Rebekah found Melissa at the hospital as usual. She walked up to the counter as people awed her, both male and female. She stepped up to the counter as she noticed Melissa was still distracted.

"Hi, I'm here looking for nurse McCall," Rebekah smiled.

Melissa looked up recognizing the voice instantly. She smiled brightly.

"Rebekah, what brings you here today," Melissa asked.

"Came to see..."

"Nurse McCall, please stop wasting this precious woman's time," a doctor said as he flashed a flirty smile to Rebekah, "She doesn't have time for shenanigans!"

He placed a hand on Rebekah's arm.

"Hello, miss. How can I help you," the doctor asked.

"Don't touch me firstly," Rebekah said, "Second, I came by to drop off lunch for Nurse Melissa McCall, my girlfriend. Third, shouldn't you be attending to other patients that need help with a doctor instead of trying to flirt with a woman who has no interest in your shenanigans? It's quite unprofessional for you. Especially considering you're married to a woman and the father of three kids. Have a little respect."

The doctor's smile dropped and he walked away. Rebekah rolled her eyes and turned back to Melissa, who was helping another patient. She placed the bag of food on the counter and blew a kiss at her. Melissa grinned as she continued helping the person. Rebekah got in her car and sighed deeply. A part of her wanted to go back inside and get a job there. She's been a nurse before after all, so maybe she could do it again. She started her car and took off, concluding to run the idea by Elijah. She was supposed to be having dinner with Stilinskis, Winchesters, and her family anyway.

She found Elijah and Kol at the hotel they were staying at.

"Have you two gotten your clothes picked for tonight," Rebekah asked, "We do need to be ready ahead of time."

"Happy to see you too," Kol sassed, "How are you doing? Did your girlfriend dump you already?"

Rebekah ignored the sarcasm coming from Kol. She had to prepare herself for much worse when tonight rolls around. Klaus could be a total pain in the ass, depending on his mood. And they all knew he was practically Bipolar with the way his emotions seemed to switch.

"We are ready, Rebekah," Elijah said, "Not to worry. I made sure that everything is prepared for tonight."

"Thank you my favorite brother that I adore and respect so much," Rebekah said loudly.

"You're welcome," Elijah said, giving a small smile to his younger sister.

"I understand, dammit," Kol sighed.

Rebekah turned back to Elijah.

"I want to run something by you," Rebekah said, making Elijah look at her.

"I'm listening," Elijah said, sitting down to make himself approachable.

He learned that trick from going with Klaus's on his therapy sessions years back. He never thought that him constantly standing and moving could make his family tense about speaking with him. But him sitting down seemed to make him less threatening.

"Would it be a bad idea to get a job here as a nurse," Rebekah asked.

"That depends on why you want to become a nurse," Elijah asked, silently questioning if it had to do with blood.

"To be closer to Melissa," Rebekah explained, "To stay here at Beacon Hills and look out for Nik. To also help others, including Scott's pack. I can be of good use here, I know I can. I just want to do something normal for once I guess."

Elijah gave a gentle smile as he realized his sister had fallen in love with Melissa. Truthfully, he actually enjoyed being around Melissa as opposed to other people Rebekah's dated.

"Rebekah..."

"I won't even feed on the patients, I swear," Rebekah reasoned, thinking Elijah wasn't going to accept it, "I will only use extra blood bags but please, Elijah, I want to do something with my life. I want to find romance and keep it. I want to have a family of my own with Melissa. Just give it a chance..."

"Rebekah," Elijah repeated, making her stop talking, "I was going to say I think that's a really good idea. But I also think you should talk to Melissa about it. Make sure she's on board with the idea. Personally, however, I think it will be good for you and our family living here in Beacon."

Rebekah's eyes lit up cheerfully.

"Really?"

"Really."

"Thank you, Elijah," Rebekah said, hugging him tightly.

"You're more than welcome," Elijah said, "Now let's get going before Kol leaves us here."

"Right, because you two are taking an eternity," Kol complained, making Rebekah roll her eyes.

All three of them walked out and drove to Noah's house.