Chapter 31: Message Received

Warnings: Gore; Graphic Violence; Supernatural Violence; Hostage Situation; Kidnapping; Gun Violence

Chapter Description: Klaus finds Stiles and together they make a plan to save Elijah. The family gets a letter from Chuck as well.

Klaus walked through the empty hallways, nervously. He kept glancing over his shoulder as his breath seemed to quicken. His heartbeat thrummed loudly in his ears as he looked back once more. He suddenly was grabbed by his shirt and pulled into a large janitorial closet. He was about to fight but froze when he noticed Stiles was the one who grabbed me.

"Stiles," Klaus hissed.

Stiles put a finger to his lips and glanced through the cracks of the door. Klaus listened as he heard smalls frequent clicks.

"Elijah is here," Mikael said, "But I don't see anyone else in the building."

Mikael walked past clicking a pen in frustration. Soon the pen broke in his hand causing him to sigh angrily.

"Why do I keep him alive," Mikael asked, "He's tied up. There's no way he can tell anyone else here. I'm sure he was like me and followed Dunbar kid to this building. He's not needed anymore. So I have permission? Got it."

Mikael hung up and went back to where Elijah was being held hostage.

"He has Elijah," Klaus whispered.

"Liam was followed unknowingly," Stiles said softly, "There isn't much we can do without risking lives."

"I have an idea," Klaus whispered.

Klaus told Stiles his plan which the agreed. Klaus found Elijah by his muffled screams of pain.

"I don't think he's here, guys," Klaus said, mimicking a phone call, "I was so sure that Elijah would be here..."

Klaus froze as he saw Mikael, standing nearby.

"Bloody hell," Klaus groaned, speeding away.

Mikael chased him, until he tackled the hybrid. He punched him repeatedly, and finally Klaus manage to kick him off.

"Well, I see you haven't lost your violent touch, father," Klaus sassed.

Mikael pulled out an angel blade. Klaus grew wide eyes. He saw Stiles walking in and helping Elijah down so he backed away from Mikael, until he was against the wall. Mikael stabbed him in the stomach painfully, and twisted the weapon for extra measure. Klaus yelped in pain as he opened his eyes to make sure Elijah was still breathing.

"Finally getting rid of a disease of beast," Mikael said, raising the weapon above Klaus.

"I forgot to mention," Klaus said, blood spilling from his mouth, "Have you met your grandson yet?"

"Grandson?"

Mikael cried out in pain as his bones started crushing themselves in his body. He turned to see Stiles standing there with his purple eyes showing. He glared at Mikael as he raised a gun at him filled with bullets dipped in white oak and Klaus's hybrid venom.

"You. Can't. Win," Mikael struggled, kneeling in front of Stiles.

"I don't need to win," Stiles said, "I just need to send enough of a message to Chuck and whoever else dare stand with him. Mikael Mikaelson, hunter who turned into a deadliest vampire in the world will have his on a stick posted to anyone who fucking tries to hurt my family."

Mikael yelped again as Stiles shot him in the chest. The venom spread quickly through his body.

"I can be of some use," Mikael offered, watching Stiles walk closer and take his dagger out.