Chapter 22: An Oath

Chapter Description: Stiles and 6 others make an oath to always look out for each other as a family.

Sam pulled Scott, Stiles, Jack, Klaus, and Noah aside.

"What happened," Noah asked, "Are you alright?"

"Before we continue this mission, we need to talk," Sam said, "We want everyone in this room to make an oath. As Winchesters, we are the type to be the first in the battle and the last ones standing. But most importantly to always look out for each other..."

"We're Mikaelsons," Jack said, pointing to himself and Klaus.

"I'm a Stilinski," Noah said.

"I'm not even related to any of you," Scott said.

"You're all right about that," Dean said, chiming into the conversation, "Jack, you're a Mikaelson but you're also considered Stiles's Sammy in his eyes. You are his little brother which means you're ours too. Klaus, you're a Mikaelson but you are also the reason why Stiles knows how to control his powers. You should hate us three since we're hunters but instead you view us as your sons. That makes you our father."

Jack gave a huge grin. Klaus took a shaky breath and lowered his gaze as Dean's words hit him hard.

"And don't even get me started on Scott and Noah. Scott, you are more of a brother than Sam and I ever was to Stiles. You are his first brother. Dammit, you also speak and carry yourself like a Winchester already if you ask me. No monster would be stupid enough to work with Sam and me without wanting something in return," Dean said, causing Scott to chuckle, "Noah, you raised Stiles for all his life practically. You changed his diaper, you taught him everything he needed to know, and you made him into the man he is today, and for that, I will forever be grateful. You're more of a father to not only Stiles but also Sam and me than our own father ever was."

Dean paused briefly. He started thinking about his past dealings with John.

"John was a dick," Dean said, "And I was a blind loyal soldier who did everything he said because I was too fucking scared to stand up for myself. You helped change the thought that a father could be something good for once. I know I also had Bobby too growing up, but there was only so much he could do for Sam and me. And I wished he could've met you. Bobby would've loved you just so you know."

Noah smiled lightly.

"He sounds like a great guy," Noah said.

"He was one of the best," Dean said, "You remind me of him actually. Well, you're a little softer but still enough to let me think that maybe Bobby pulled some strings to make sure we met you after he passed. That makes you a fucking Winchester. And as a Winchester, we always stick up for each other and stand together as one."

"Always and forever," Klaus said, deep in thought, "Those were the words my siblings used to remember a promise similar to this one. To stand by each other and look out for one another. Always and forever. Because let's be honest here, Sam, Stiles, Scott, Noah, and Dean, you five carry the same characteristics of a Mikaelson in a lot of ways. I guess that's why I feel so comfortable around you all. I already feel at home."

"So that'll be our oath then," Sam smiled, "As a Mikaelson, a Winchester, a McCall, and a Stilinski. To look out for each other, stick together, and always have each other's backs..."

"Always and forever," they all said in unison.

"Welcome to the family, Scott," Stiles teased.

Scott laughed lightly.

"Thanks," Scott teased back, "I can already feel the welcoming embrace of daddy issues."

Jack snorted. Noah hugged Dean tightly.

"Thank you, son," Noah said.

Dean squeezed his eyes shut as Noah let go of him. Klaus hugged him next.

"That was some speech you gave, Dean," Klaus teased, causing Dean to huff out a chuckle, "Thank you for that."

"Thanks for the idea," Dean said, "And for allowing us to use it."

Dean let go and Klaus held onto his forearms.

"You're my kids," Klaus said, "I considered you a Mikaelson before I ever became a Winchester."

Dean smiled cheerfully.

"Bobby would be proud of you by the way," Klaus said softly, "He raised two damn good kids."

Dean felt his eyes water and turned his head away.

"Thank you," Dean whispered, "I needed to hear that. Thank you so much, Klaus."

Klaus patted his arm as Dean hung his head to let his tears fall. He opened his eyes to feel himself being embraced by Stiles.

"Hey, kid," Dean said.

"You do know that I'm going to be 21 soon, right," Stiles teased.

"I know," Dean chuckled.

"I wanted to talk to you and Sam if I can," Stiles said.

Dean and Sam walked away from the group to speak to Stiles privately.

"I made you guys something," Stiles said, "It sounds ridiculous, but I'm also broke."

Dean laughed and Sam smiled.

"But it's two bracelets," Stiles said, "I wanted to give them to you."

They looked at the homemade bracelets that looked rather pretty to them either way.

"Hang on to them for us," Sam said.

"When this whole thing blows over then we'll get them from you," Dean agreed, "But hold them for us at the moment, okay?"

Stiles nodded. Soon they both walked away and Stiles looked at the door.

"That's the thing, guys," Stiles whispered, "Something tells me that not all of us are making it out alive."