Chapter 35: Game of Survival

Warnings: Graphic Violence; Major Character Deaths; Gore; Gun Violence

Chapter Description: Chuck decides to let the team have control over their choices. However it turns out that the way he goes about it has deadly consequences.

Food was set out for everyone but no one made a move for it.

"You should try the steak," Chuck said, "It's amazing. But anywho, we're going to play this game called this or that... Kind of like, would you rather but with a twist. Who wants to start? Any takers? Sam? Dean? Stiles?"

No one said anything.

"How about The True Alpha, Scott McCall," Chuck smiled, "Fun fact, Scott here was supposed to be Peter's protégé. He was supposed to be everything Peter wanted him to be and more. They were supposed to be the greatest killers Beacon Hills ever saw. The Argent's biggest enemy and competition. Somehow that changed along the way. Scott turned out to be soft and weak. But also somewhat entertaining to see..."

Scott pressed his claws into his palms as he clenched his jaw tightly.

"Am I striking a nerve with The Peaceful Alpha? Or better yet, how about how Klaus was supposed to kill his siblings for power..."

"I'll go first," Elijah said quickly.

"The Noble Brother," Chuck said, "Okay, your question is Elena or Damon?"

Elijah furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"I don't understand," Elijah said, shaking his head.

"Choose one," Chuck said.

"Damon..."

Elena yelped lightly as was stabbed in her neck with a needle.

"What the hell was that," Jeremy asked, glaring at Chuck.

"Poison," Chuck said, "She has about 3 hours before she dies. If someone chooses her after this then I'll save her life."

Elijah stared at him in horror.

"Derek is next," Chuck said, deciding to take over, "Scott or Vernon?"

Derek felt his breath quicken as he stared at Chuck.

"Neither," Derek said.

Derek was stabbed in the neck with a needle. He growled in pain as he began panting heavily.

"Wrong answer," Chuck said, watching Stiles check on him, "Noah next. Elena or Jeremy?"

Noah swallowed thickly.

"Dad," Stiles said, "She's a goner..."

"We can save her," Noah said.

"She's already been poisoned," Stiles said, thinking logically, "They'll give her an antidote but risking it is too serious. Choose the boy!"

Noah looked at Elena.

"Save my brother," Elena said.

"I choose Jeremy," Noah said.

Elena's eyelids fluttered back as the poison hardened her heart, preventing it from pumping any further. Jeremy shouted his sister's name repeatedly.

"Lucifer," Chuck said, "Gabriel or yourself?"

Lucifer looked at his younger brother.

"Gabriel," Lucifer said, making everyone give a look of shock, "I choose Gabriel."

Chuck was even speechless.

"Well," Chuck said, not knowing what to say, "Unfortunately I... I am actually speechless. You were supposed to be evil. What changed in you?"