part 30

tw ed

after they had eaten, leah had told tally that Katie wanted to talk to her. tally had agreed knowing Katie hadn't meant what she said. she knew it, but it still hurt a lot. leah told her where Katie was and Tally, and jordan went to find her. tally while she had forgiven leah for this she needed someone that she had full and total trust in and right now that just wasn't leah. leah understood that and gave the kid space when she needed it and closeness when she needed it. tally had had such a difficult childhood, and she really needed leah just to hold her sometimes to be what her mother failed to be. someone she could trust not to judge her or hate her for being herself. 

that was something her mother could do. She could put blame on tally for anything she thought she could. she was always the least favourite of the triplets. the one who needed the most help or care. the one who got cancer. the one who was left with the younger kids when she just couldn't be bothered anymore. tally had a good relationship with her Papi, but he was a diplomat, so he was away for years at a time. he wanted to take all of us, but he couldn't because she had cancer. it was because of her that her family wasn't together. her mum had made that clear. he took henry with him to give him more football opportunities as he had been called up to the national youth team. so he was away in Spain for 2 years with henry so he could get more football experience at real Betis in 2012, then in 2014, he moved to TSG Sprockhövel in Germany for 3 years. it meant tally missed out on quite a bit of seeing them, but they both came home after that. It was when her cancer came back for the 3rd time that they finally came back home. they went out to visit him lots. she was still in contact with some of his old teammates. she had gotten quite close with some of them as she spent time recovering after her final lot of chemo out in Germany with her Papi and henry as she needed a change. it was there she became close friends with Lena Oberdorf and Gavi. they still chatted quite regularly, and they came and visited England regularly, especially since Henry's death. after he came back, he started playing for Brighton, happy to be close to his family, and even started playing for England under 23s. he got back together with esme and tally beat cancer again. it felt like everything was going well. she wasn't eating but that was normal she could cope she was just so happy to be back with her family.

jordan and Tally went into one of the quiet rooms where Katie was. they saw Katie sitting at a table picking at her food and just staring at it. she looked up and got up quickly and opened her mouth to say something, but nothing came out. she didn't know how to put her thoughts into words. jordan went over to where Katie was and took a tally with her. she sat down and brought tally down onto her lap next to where Katie had sat back down. "I'm so sorry for what I said. I never meant to hurt you. I should have thought about what I was saying before I said it!" Katie said softly, looking at the tally as she spoke. tally softly said, "I know you didn't mean it, Katie!". she gave Katie a hug. tally shifted herself onto Katie's lap, giving her a big hug. Katie just held the girl as happy fears slowly flowed down her face. 

meanwhile, the other girls had stayed sitting in the kitchen. they all sat in silence for a while. they were all confused and unsure of what to say. beth came back a few moments after she left with the obviously very upset girl. viv got up and went and stood next to her as beth grabbed some stuff. viv wrapped her hands around beths waist, giving her a light kiss on the cheek and softly saying, "Is she ok?". beth sighed, then turned around and gave viv a hug and a quick kiss. "she will just got to get her to eat something, tell them not to mention it to her, tho at least not in a big group!" she said to viv. viv nodded. "Of course, love!" she said as beth gave her one final kiss before going over to jordan. "Can you help me?" she said softly. jordan nodded, and they got up and went to where Tally was leaving the rest of the girls in a deafening silence.

viv went over to leah, who was still standing up, her hands shaking as she processed the events. viv guided leah to sit down and rested her hands comfortingly on leahs shoulders. "beth said we shouldn't talk to her about her eating disorder as a big group and to ask questions now or to ask tall in a one-on-one setting!" viv said softly. some of the girls nodded, but Katie just ran out of the room feeling really guilty. Jen got up to follow her, but Steph stopped her. "Jen, just give her a moment!" Steph said softly, knowing Katie would need some time. "How long has this been going on?" lia asked softly, looking worried. Caitlin was gently rubbing her thumb over her girlfriend's hand, sensing that she was majorly worried for the teen. daan looked at her and then looked down. "Since she was 11!" daan said emotionlessly. if she let the emotions really take control, she would end up sobbing, and she just couldn't do that right now. not there. "How did we not notice it? I mean, she's been here for a month. How have we been so oblivious!" Frida said despairingly. jill sighed "I knew something was off she doesn't weigh nearly anything and she got even thinner since she arrived but I just put it down to having to move away from her family and being in a new environment and training." jill said sadly. she should have known better. she knew something was off, but she didn't say anything. "How can we help her?" Jen asked the group but mainly leah as up until this moment they were very close. "we can get her a therapist or someone who knows what they're doing, a professional and we can be encouraging and supportive and just be there for her through the highs and lows of her highs and lows of anorexia!" lotte said. as ever she was the voice of reason, the voice of wisdom. lotte had grabbed one of Leah's shaking hands. despite being younger, she just had a sense of calmness and serenity. leah looked at the lotte appreciatively and nodded at the suggestion of help.