1. Prologue

Luna Lovegood grows up sheltered from the harsh world by her parents. She knows nothing of the cruelties of the wizarding world.
Even when her mother dies, she tries not to lose her happy, care free spirit.
But everything changes when she starts her education at Hogwarts.
Luna is bullied relentlessly by her peers, for her clothes, her personality and even her voice.
The other children mock her and call her names, and even the teachers think that she is strange, so she finds no support from them.
She has no friends at first, except for one Slytherin girl, who is also an outcast like her; Carly Black-Potter.

Carly's childhood was far from easy, as she was raised in secret by Andromeda Black.
When she attends Hogwarts at the same time as Luna, she is ignored by her half-brother Harry Potter, because he hates her, for being the physical reminder that his father had been unfaithful to his mother.
Carly was also a Slytherin, which is another reason Harry didn't like her.
Many people speculated about who Carly's mother was, and bullied her for it, as no one knew who her birth mum was, only that James was her father. But the truth was that Carly had no mother.
She had born from powerful magic, and was the child of Regulus Arcturus Black and James Fleamont Potter.

In a world where being gay was illegal, James and Regulus hid their relationship from everyone.
James even married Lily to throw people off the scent.
But his and Regulus's love had been so strong, that a child had magically formed from it.
Andromeda had agreed to raise Carly for them, to help them hide their secret, since she was Regulus's cousin.
And when James and Regulus both lost their lives in the first wizarding war, Andromeda took full legal guardianship of Carly.
Andromeda swore that no one would ever find out about Carly's true parentage.

Although Carly and Luna start off as friends, over the years, their relationship turns into something else.
They know that being together is illegal, but they don't care, because they love each other.
So, the pair continue their relationship in secret, behind the backs of the rest of the wizarding world.
And they fully utilise every secret room and passageway at Hogwarts, to keep their relationship hidden.
But they both yearn for the day when they don't have to hide a part of themselves away. And they are willing to do anything to make that day come faster.

***********
Disclaimer, this book will be rather different from other books I have written.
It is based on a fanfiction being written by a friend of mine, about her OC Carly Black-Potter, and my cosplay of Luna. Which is also a part of an ongoing Tiktok series that we made, and we post videos about numerous times a week.