101. The End

Instead of rushing to Voldemort's side, the girls decided to hang back with Draco inside the castle, as he had a secret task of his own that he wanted to accomplish.
He wanted to find Harry first, so that he could get back his wand that Harry had stolen from him at the Malfoy Manor. Draco was currently using his mother's wand, but he wanted his original wand returned to him.
So, Luna, Carly, Blaise, Crabbe, Goyle, and Draco, stayed at Hogwarts, to track down Harry.
It didn't take them long to find Harry, Hermione and Ron heading inside the Room of Requirement, after something called a diadem.

Unfortunately their confrontation with Harry didn't go well, as Goyle accidentally set the whole room on fire, using Fiendfyre.
Harry and his friends ran in one direction, as Draco and the others ran in a different one.
To escape the flames that had surrounded them, Draco began climbing up a large pile of discarded objects, and the rest of the group followed him up.
Goyle gave up trying to put out the uncontrollable flames, and ended up just throwing his wand into the fire, so that he could use both hands to climb.

But the tower of objects they had chosen to climb up, was not entirely stable.
As Goyle reached for another handhold, it fell out of place, causing Goyle to slip and tumble down, into the fire below.
Carly turned her head in horror, so that she didn't have to watch Goyle's demise.
When his screams stopped, she continued climbing up, to get higher, which is when she realised that Draco wasn't moving.

"What are you going? We can't stop!" Shouted Carly, over the roaring of the flames.
"But... Goyle..." mumbled Draco.
"Grieve later, climb now" encouraged Carly.
"We are running out of room up here" informed Luna, who had almost reached the top of the tower.
Carly climbed up to her, and then pointed her wand at the flames behind them, attempting to put them out.
"It's no use. There is no way of stopping Fiendfyre. It is just too strong" exclaimed Carly in despair.
"There must be something we can do. We can't die here" replied Luna, as she tried to fight back the tears that were forming behind her eyes.

"We'll think of something" reassured Carly.
"What? We can't apparate inside Hogwarts, and there is no way that we can put out these flames using water charms. So, what are we going to do? How are we going to get out of here?" Questioned Luna.
"We could summon something to our aid" suggested Carly.
"Like what?"
"I don't know! Just let me think! I'm under a lot of pressure here"
"We are running out of time!"
"Don't you think I already know that!".

"Can someone help me up to the top?" Asked Blaise, interupting the girls argument.
Since Carly was the closest, she lent down and stretched out her hand to Blaise, who gripped hold of it, so that he could pull himself up.
But as Blaise took his next step, his foot slipped and he lost his other handhold. Carly was now the only thing holding Blaise up, and her hand was already very sweaty from the heat of the flames, and the stress she was under.
From her position on the tower, Carly was not able to maintain her grip on Blaise.
"I can't hold you!" Screamed Carly in despair.
"You can do it" encouraged Blaise.
"I'm coming to help" announced Draco, as he manoeuvred his way towards them.

But deep inside, Carly knew that Draco wouldn't make it in time. And a moment later, Blaise slipped out of her hand and fell back into the raging fire, as Carly let out a cry of anguish.
Draco placed one arm around her, stopping her from falling straight after Blaise, now that she was unstable.
"NO!" cried Carly.
Draco tried to maintain his composure, as he had been taught to do his entire life, but Carly could see the sorrow and fear behind his eyes.

There was someone else in the room though, who heard Carly's cries, and he immediately flew to her aid.
Before the flames could consume them, Carly looked up and saw Harry and his friends flying towards them, on brooms.
Harry stretched out his hand towards his sister, and with no other choice, she took it.
Carly hopped onto Harry's broom, before pulling Luna on too, as Draco got onto Hermione's broom, and Crabbe climbed onto Ron's.
They all then flew out of the room, dodging the flames, and making it out in one piece, before slamming the door shut behind them with a flick of their wands.