ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔴𝔬

Ф Year 120 AC (10 Years Old)

The knights and lord of the castle watched as the ten years old girl swung her wooden training sword with scary accuracy after the first month of training, her silver hair, now longer and uncut, twirling around her small figure as she tried to evade her teacher's blows.

The man hit her behind the knee when he managed to get behind her making her fall to her knees. The lady's father and all the other knights grumbled as the little lady of the castle remained panting on the floor for a few seconds before standing up, a smile on her face.

"Again" he swung his sword.

Ф Year 123 AC (13 Years Old)

The sword was swung at the girl making her bend her back as the blade passed over her nose. With quick feet she danced around the much larger male getting behind him and pressing her knees onto the underside of his knees making her teacher fall to a kneeling position and freeze when she placed her cold blade on his neck.

There was a pause before the men around them cheered loudly for their lady. Aurora removed her sword and helped the man up.

"You learn quickly my Lady" the man said with a short bow.

"Don't be so formal with me Sebastian, I've told you many times I do not enjoy being reminded of my title when I am fighting at the same level as you" she waved him off before something grabbed her under her arms and lifted her into a hug.

Her father congratulated her as he held her high above the rest of the knights. Aurora laughed and waited for him to place her on the floor before following him out of the yard.

Ж

Seeing the younger mens' eyes follow his daughter, Brandon Belgrave looked down at his daughter. Although she remained shorter than himself (considering he was a 2.09 metre tall man and quite above the average male westerosi height) she was already taller than the girls her age and older.

For now she had stopped when she reached 165 centimetres but she still was young. Her pale hair usually did not go lower than her middle back and she even had to be stopped by her Septa and maids when she had tried to cut it shoulder length stating 'it won't bother me whilst fighting like so' and they had compromised. His genius of a daughter (for many considered the young prodigy exactly that) had designed several simple hair ornaments, that the lord had made once the designs were finished, which held up long hair with far more accuracy and lasted longer than a simple string tied around the locks.

Her eyes were still as bright as when she was a child, not excluding that curious glint that she had in them, and were framed by curled dark lashes. Her l facial features were the same as her mother's and her body was  on the leaner side as her growing body tried distributing the muscles she had gotten from her father along the entire height of her body (also from her father).

 Her l facial features were the same as her mother's and her body was  on the leaner side as her growing body tried distributing the muscles she had gotten from her father along the entire height of her body (also from her father)

As always she carried herself proudly and with confidence, something that came from both her father's education and her own adult thoughts.

Ж

Aurora noticed her father staring at her but did not find it unusual as she had quickly gotten used to the long looks as well as the overly affectionate actitudes of her father. She had always been told she bore a striking resemblance to her late mother. She already knew what her most prominent features meant, she was descended from Old Valyrian blood.

Her father had already told her that she was not related to the Targaryen when the overly curious child had asked. Aurora herself had concluded that she was actually a descendant from some high dragonlord house since her father had repeated her word a lot to her in old Valyrian, most probably trying to hint at it.

That was another thing she felt lucky for, her mother had shown her father the tongue of Old Valyrian who, in turn, had decided to teach their daughter to do the same. For her it wasn't any more different than learning German or Spanish or some other language and she was a quick study.

She had started forming her plans the moment she realised in which world she was and her next plan was to try and find a dragon. She had Valyrian blood so it wouldn't hurt to try.

Ж

A few weeks later, whilst the lady and her father were having breakfast one of the servants rushed in with a crow in his hand.

"A letter for my lord" he handed the animal to the lord who took the rolled up piece of parchment tied to its leg and gave his daughter the bird, who gladly took it.

Lord Belgrave read the contents of the letter quickly, his furrowed brows making soft lines on his weathered face.

"Kepa you will get wrinkles like that" his daughter poked the skin between his eyebrows until he relaxed "What does the letter say?" (Father)

"Prince Daemon Targaryen has invited us to a funeral, to mourn for his wife Laena Velaryon's death along with the rest of the nobles.

Aurora was slightly surprised, because she had not expected the day she met the royal family to come so quickly. Had Laena's death been so soon?

"You do not have to come if you do not wish it tala" the man looked down at his daughter as she stroked the bird's black chest (daughter).

Aurora thought of the possible outcomes. The only bad thing she saw happening was that the Targaryens would take notice of her hair and eyes but she was not worried, her father was powerful enough to keep her out of their hands.

"I want to go father. I will not leave you to go alone" she looked him right in the eyes.

Brandon Belgrave sighed seeing the stubborn fire in the young girl's eyes. He knew she would have agreed.
Another servant brought the parchment and ink. Brandon handed them both to his daughter knowing how she loved to write formal letters. With quick and elegant strokes Aurora wrote in net and practised words their letter agreeing to go to the Lady Laena Velaryon's funeral.

As soon as the letter was done, she handed the paper back to her father so he could tie it to the crow's foot once more and then sent it away with the servant who had been standing by them.

Ж

Back in Dragonstone, Daemon Targaryen received the crow from lord Belgrave confirming his presence as well as his young daughters. The prince was curious about the young lady since not many had seen her in person, yet many stories about her had spread like wildfire. Tales of her intelligence and beauty as well as another strange rumor that intrigued the prince more than the others, the lady Aurora Belgrave's supposed fighting skills.

Ж

Back with Aurora, our young, not-so young, protagonist was slightly panicking at the thought of meeting the shows main family. She had already thought up several ideas of how to prevent Luke from dying and even how to prolong the king's life for a few more days just to make sure that nothing would throw the realm into the war between Blacks and Greens that ended in the massacre of the old Valyrian houses.

"Bayla" her dornish maid came in "help me pick a dress for this afternoon, a black one if possible"

The dark skinned woman quickly picked out a beautiful dark dress with a high neckline and long sleeves. The soft skirt was also long and fell to just above her feet. Aurora had also procured a black fan, another trend she had started after attending another noble woman's funeral. The fan was supposed to cover a woman's face when held up and open to their faces to mask their emotions (or so Aurora had learnt from the old period mangas she used to read so often).