ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔶 𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯

Ж

Meleys and Rhaenys flew ahead of the second dragon when a blur of black passed them. Meleys squawked indignantly and paused mid air making the man she was carrying in her claws cry out when his body swung. Rhaenys looked down shamelessly only to note that the traitor was unconscious now.

"Jikagon Meleys" she ordered her dragon (Go Meleys).

The she dragon also sped up a little bit after adjusting her hold on the man so that she didn't rip his arms out.

"Wooohoooooo" Lucerys shouted, his reaction similar to Rhaena's when she had experienced flying with Thanatos and Aurora the first time as well.

Aurora looked back at Meleys as the Red Queen flew close behind them. The red she dragon had been growing again at an impressively quick rate and with it so had her speed. As Thanatos and the red dragon made their way back to DragonStone, a distorted roar sounded, like the wail of an orca.

Aurora asked Thanatos to slow down a bit and she and Lucerys tilted their heads down to catch a glimpse of Caraxes, the serpentine red dragon beating his wings quickly just to try and keep up with the older dragons.

Daemon Targaryen sat on his back, his dragon shaped helmet on as he followed them back.

Aurora was reminded that she had been wanting to request a helmet from the blacksmiths for riding as well since Thanatos had the habit of flying high and fast where the air was either too thin or hurt her face from how cold it got (Like the ones from How to Train Your Dragon).

The Blood Worm, as the red dragon had been named by the people, arched his long neck to fix his red eyes on the larger dragon hovering above him, letting out an annoyed shrill that Aurora easily heard.

Thanatos responded with a similar rumble as he passed the small dragon, Meleys screeching in response behind him. Aurora sent one last look back catching eyes with the prince making her shiver at the look he gave her dragon. A truly greedy look.

I know a lot of you really like Daemon Targaryen but I'm mostly writing him off of how he is written in the books where he is a darker character and not quite like the show portrays him.

With a flick of his black tail, Thanatos put on a burst of speed followed closely by the other two dragons.

The three largest dragons on DragonStone landed with a tremble of the ground, the she dragon doing so more gently as she was carrying Vaemond Velaryon's body still.

Aurora quickly slipped off Thanatos' back down his wing, using it as a rather bumpy slide, to rush to the now broken body of Drifmark's son.

She did a quick check up on him by not so gently turning him over and assessing his wounds. The punctures left by the dragon's claws went deep and she doubted he would be able to fully have use of his arms again, but he wouldn't be needing them from this moment forth.

"Will he be able to speak?" Rhaenys asked her as she too dismounted, her voice not showing a sliver of sorry for her brother in law.

"Yes. All he will need is a bit of milk of the poppy, though I do not usually recommend it if we want him to speak clear sentences" she responded.

"Good" the lady of Driftmark gestured for one of the men in charge of keeping the dragons and their eggs to take the limp man's body from the floor.

"Lucerys you can come down" Aurora suddenly remembered the young prince who still remained quiet on her dragon.

The prince carefully and slowly made his way down the dragon's side, trying not to slip up on the sleek black scales.

"Is that Vaemond Targaryen?" Daemon had gotten close enough to be heard, slipping his dragon helmet off his head.

"Indeed cousin" Rhaenys said, noticing how uncomfortable Aurora got when the Rogue prince got so close to her.

"He was on his way here, to DragonStone, to take back princess Helaena and her children" Aurora said stiffly.

"You are quite close to my niece aren't you lady Aurora" a dangerous gleam in his eyes kept her from answering.

"Shit, why am I so scared of him" Aurora had expected the charming portrayal of the HBO fan favourite show, not the cold book depiction of the Rogue prince.

As if sensing her uneasiness, Thanatos hovered over his little person creating a shadow that loomed above her. Daemon slowly brought his hand down on the hilt of his sword at his hip, not drawing it but ready to do so. Though it would not do much against the dragon whose teeth were as big, if not bigger, than the valyrian blade.

"We should get going, Aurora come" Rhaenys interrupted them.

With a reassuring look up at her dragon, Thanatos slumped away with the red she dragon hot on his tail. Caraxes followed them more hesitantly.

The man holding up Vaemond's body was waiting for the two ladies. Daemon followed them close behind, his arms behind his back as usual.

Ж

"They should have already gotten there. Why haven't we received a message yet?" Alicent paced nervously with her hand in her mouth, the finger nail beds already red and bleeding.

"I think we should just accept that the Snake's brother has not managed to do what he said he would do. Hmm, pity" Aegon was once again drunk on his throne watching his mother worry over his sister wife.

"Enough" his mother whispered shakily.

"What was that dear mother?" he leaned in close as if he couldn't hear her.

"ENOUGH I SAID!" her shout carried out through the throne room making her eldest son flinch back in surprise "YOU ARE USELESS. HOW COULD YOU NOT BE WORRIED IN THE LEAST ABOUTH YOUR WIFE AND CHILDREN, YOUR HEIRS. I DID SO MUCH TO MAKE YOU KING AND YOU DO NOTHING BUT TAKE IT FOR GRANTED. I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN"

Alicent breathed heavily, a feral look in her eyes as she gazed up at her son who seemed to have sobered up when she begun shouting.

"Ser Arryk" the usurper king's voice was calm and calculated for the first time in a long time. The named man walked in, his hand resting on his blade and his white cape flowing behind him "Take my mother to her chambers, she seems to be in need of rest"

Alicent allowed the man to lead her out of the room without another look at her son.

Once the woman was out of the room, Aegon slumped down on the Iron Throne, letting out a hiss as he cut his hand. He kept a blank look in his eyes as he surveyed the numerous wounds on his hands, rolling up his sleeves to see more.

Ж

Alicent stormed into her chambers, alone once again. She paused and turned to the figure breathing slowly under the blankets despite the warm climate.

"I have tried so hard dear, so very hard, to keep this family from falling apart" she said softly, a single red curl falling in front of her face as it signifying disorder in her neatly combed hair.

For once, she didn't bother to brush it back behind her ears.