ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔉𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

This time she spotted him following the nanny of his children close behind and Aurora remembered what happened to the poor girl. With quick steps she reached her.

"Excuse me your highness" she surprised both by taking the girl's arm and pulling her along with her.

After they had managed to get out of the prince's eyesight the girl thanked her and went away.

Happy that she had stopped the girl from having done to her what Aegon would have done, Aurora walked, with a little jump in her step, back to her room.

After submerging herself in a hot bath for a few hours and having her hair and body washed carefully (something she had had to get used to) Bayla helped her out of her daily blue dress, which she was now known for, and into her nightgown.

The maids bid her goodnight and she stared up at the ceiling of her room before closing her eyes.

"How is it this morning Viserys" she as,Ed the king s she applied the daily layer of cream on his wounds.

"Much better" the king replied "Now I don't feel the pain and I do not need as much milk of the poppy as I did a few days ago"

"I'm glad for that" Aurora tried to ignore the several learning maesters as they stood above her watching her every move.

They had gotten used to now bringing their student into the room when she healed and redressed the king's wounds. Of course she had limited the amount of people that came into the room but they still liked to pile up at the entrance.

"I am feeling a bit more tired than usual" the king said in a soft voice.

"That's only normal Viserys" Aurora assured him.

Ж

Alicent watched the young woman weave around her husband as she reapplied the bandages making sure that the maester students could see how she did so.

The queen had felt very grateful that the girl had come when she had but she was still cautious of her. Aurora Belgrave's features were all Targaryen except for the green eye but that did not stop the rumours about her heritage.

It had already been discussed that she was not Targaryen and the queen doubted she was a bastard of Laenor Velaryon seeing as the late man's tastes were quite...different. She knew her husband knew something but she hadn't managed to pry it out of him even when he had been heavily drugged by milk of the poppy.

It frustrated her also to see how close her daughter and the Belgrave girl were as well as the growing connection with her second oldest son. She stirred away from Aegon but Alicent expected her to do so. Though he was her son, he was no saint.

Ф

Ж

"Aurora" the king called to her as she packed her things like she usually did "I have thought about this long and the maesters and myself have decided that it would be an honor for us all if you could accept the title of maester. You already do the work you simply need the title"

"Wait really" Aurora was in shock.

"Yes" the king nodded his head with a kind smile gracing his tired features.

"Oh thank you. Thank you thank you" she bowed low from her waist and she tried to stop herself from leaping down the hall as she left.

Ж

Aemond was walking down a hall looking for Aurora when she appeared seemingly out of nowhere and jumped him. He stumbled back and almost fell as she hugged his neck and screamed like a child, releasing him before he even had time to move.

His mother came up behind him and they both looked down the hall, following her figure.

"What happened mother?" he asked his birth giver.

"Your father decided to finally give her the title of maester" even the queen herself thought it should have happened sooner "The first woman maester..." she trailed off.

Ж

"Helaena!" she found the princess with Aegon as the couple was about to go out on one of their daily walks they were forced to do to give the people a sense of unity "I got it! I got my title!"

The princess, much to the prince's and maidservant's surprise, joined the happy girl in her screams of joy as they hugged each other.

Aurora released the princess from her hold and went to write a letter to her father. She might have been exaggerating but not only was being a maester a job given only to the most skilled doctors, but she was a woman. Possibly even the very first female maester in this time. And that was something to be damn proud of.

Aurora composed herself by taking in several deep breaths and then turned to Helaena to whom she had given her back when she did so.

"Helaena do you want to go for a walk?"

The young princess, eager to get away from her 'husband' nodded and so they went away leaving Aegon and his servants staring behind them in shock.

"Helaena" Aurora whispered to the young girl whose arm she threaded through hers "Have you dreamt anything else"

"Green and black fight to take the Iron Throne back. Blue comes in with darkness" Helaena said simply "It was a short dream, mother woke me up before it finished"

The two women kept walking their way down to the beach when Aurora felt a tug in her gut. She knew what that was. Looking back nervously she realised they were quite far from King's Landing and no one had followed them. The land over the beach was a smooth plain so if anyone had tried to hide they would've been able to see them.

"Helaena I need you to trust me on something" she turned to stand in front of the princess and grasped her forearms softly.

"I already trust you Rori"

"Good" Aurora led her down to the beach where there appeared to be a cove surrounding the island "Are there any big caves down here.

"Not too many but I have heard from Aemond that Vhagar sometimes hides down here so there must be some" the princess brushed her hand against the wet rock.

"Alright then"

Ж

"Thanatos" his little partner's voice called for him.

The dragon huffed thankfully. He had found a cave barely large enough for him to hide in when he had flown in the night. He had followed his little partner's advice and travelled only at night in the dark hours. He had gotten there that night after a previous night of continuous flight. Luckily he had been fast and his large wings allowed him to cover far more ground.

Ж

There was a noise from one of the cave entrances and Helaena watched in horror as a massive black dragon with bright green eyes rose from there. The princess might have been a bit of an airhead but she, like anyone, could recognise the dragon before them.

A hand covered her mouth as she opened it to scream and her wide eyes looked back at her friend.

"You said you trusted me" she slowly nodded and tried to calm down.

Ж

Aurora was a little amused at her friend's expression as Thanatos made his way out of the cave he had been hiding in.

She walked forward with the other girl's hand clasped tight in her own. She asked Thanatos to lower his head and the large dragon allowed the gentle princess to press her hand to his brow.

Aurora then chided Thanatos for having flown there before ultimately hugging his snout and saying she had missed him to.