ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔖𝔦𝔵𝔱𝔶 𝔉𝔦𝔳𝔢

Ж

Aurora sneezed back in Dragonstone as she rode a horse they had lent her to Redfort, her silver hair slightly dirtied due to the clump of mud Gregor had decided was opportunistic to throw at her before leaving.

Not that she didn't deserve it as she was the first to throw sand down his back in his armour making him take it all off again and redress after, which took a few long minutes he spent cussing her out.

Even now the man was squirming in his saddle and cursing his lady.

"Where are the dragons? Are they not coming with us?" one of the northeners asked his partner.

Aurora smirked when Daemon asked for the men to stop giving her and the other Targaryens the chance to get down from their horses.

"Oy where are they going?" the same man asked Gregor.

Everyone else was silent as the group consistent of princess Rhaneys, lady Baela and Rhaena and the two princes, Lucerys and Jacaerys, walked down to the rocky mountain close by.

Ж

Cregan was also as quiet as his men while they all waited to see what the royals would do now.

Ж

The first to call for their dragons were the princes and Baela. They had gotten their very own 'dragon whistles' to make it easier to call them. Aurora heard a few gasps of amazement form the men waiting behind them when Arrax, Vermax and Moondancer burst out of the smaller openings from the caves to land by their respective riders.

Aurora nodded at the three of them to take off already so that Meleys and Thanatos had enough space to exit themselves and soon it was only herself, Rhaenys and Rhaena on the field.

Ж

There was surprise and awe when three dragons came out from the mountains. Although they were not too big, the men from the North had never seen dragons in person so their reaction was justified.

A screech sounded as another, much larger, dark red dragon flew out like a bullet and circled the air above the remaining three women before landing itself by the red clad princess Rhaneys.

Ж

Meleys was the next to exit, landing almost immediately besides her rider.

"We'll see you up there" she told Aurora and Rhaena.

Then she mounted on her ride for the war.

Ж

Lord Cregan, Ser Sebastian and prince Daemon had their horses right behind the queen as they watched the red she dragon take off into the sky just as quickly as she had exited the caves, the impressive action of such a large creature managing to lift itself into the sky being enough to make a few of lord Stark's men feel glad the dragons were on their side.

"Just you wait until they see Thanatos" the lord of the North heard Ser Sebastian say.

That made him wonder exactly how much larger the famous black dragon was for him to be considered a beast so much more dangerous than the others.

Ж

"Here" Aurora handed her whistle to Rhaena as she took out two metal helmets from her bag at her hip, which had been the bulge that had had several people send her questioning glances.

While Rhaena blew into the metal dragonhead, Aurora handed her the other helmet.

They were rather simple, both sleek dark silver and quick cut. She had had to request to have them made no more than three days ago so they weren't very flashy, but they didn't need flashy at the moment.

Ж

Back with the men, they kept observing as lady Targaryen blew into a whistle like the others had and lady Belgrave pulled out what looked like two small helmets from her bag like magic.

A thunderous roar spooked the horses and they had to struggle to keep the animals from bolting away and throwing them off.

After Cregan was able to calm his mount down he directed his wide eyed gaze to the mountains as something so big he didn't see possible came out from the largest cave exit. The dragon towered many times over the previous red dragon which had already been too big for reason.

It landed, like the others had, in the field with the remaining two women. It's huge frame occupied the entire field, drowning the green grass in a mass of black leather and scales, the dragon's head flattening against the ground while his eyes suddenly turned to look at the men above the hill.

Cregan had never thought he could ever feel as much fear as he was right now. He had been in life threatening situations before because of his status, but the beast's cold green eyes pinned him down and took all of the breath that he had remaining in his lungs.

Ж

Aurora let Rhaena mount Thanatos first as she didn't have as much experience as she did when it came to finding her balance on a dragon.

"Kirimvose Thanatos" she told her dragon, the fact that he still laid his head so far down made her happy at how far their relationship had changed throughout the years (Thank you Thanatos).

Once she had comfortably seated herself behind Rhaena and they both had the helmets on over their hair and head snugly, she leaned forward and asked Thanatos to take off.

Ж

Once again there was a large commotion when the black dragon took off into the sky with the others. The winds its wings created made a few of the standing men stumble back and horses reared as they tried to keep their balance despite still being quite a distance from the field.

Cregan shielded his eyes from the sun and tilted his head up along with everyone else on the ground when the dragons passed over head.

Another pair of them, a yellow one and a bright red one with a strangely longer neck than the others, followed behind the thunder of dragons.

"I did not know the beast known as The Cannibal was so formidable" Cregan told Ser Sebastian "It makes me glad that it is Aurora the one riding it and not one from the other side"

"Of course, our lady deserves the best of the best, even amongst dragons" Ser Gregor boasted.

"Gregor!" Ser Sebastian growled at the younger man when he saw the Queen Rhaenyra heard the knight's remark.

"It is fine Ser Sebastian" the queen said as she too looked up at the passing dragons "I believe he is quite right in making such an assumption"

Cregan stared around him at everyone that wasn't from his home. Lady Aurora Belgrave was indeed and interesting character, and to see her be so respected, even by the queen, simply added more to her allure.

"Indeed we must have done something to please the gods to have her on our side. I would not have liked to face her in battle. With or without her dragon" he thought to himself.