ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔶 𝔖𝔦𝔵

Ж

"Are you sure you have to take him?" Baela pouted "Or leave yourself at all?"

Aurora carefully pulled the baby dragon from the girl's arms and struggled a bit with him at the bags she carried.

"Yes I'm sure of it Baela" she kissed the lady's brow as well as her sisters before walking out with them following behind.

Rhaenyra was still with her child but Rhaenys was there to see Aurora off.

"The eggs have been placed in your chamber" Aurora whispered to the older woman as they hugged goodbye, just in case.

When she pulled away with a pointed look to Rhaenys, she quickly walked over to Thanatos, climbing up a bit slower since the dragon in her arms had fallen asleep. Once she was situated, she waved her arm at the four princes and princesses as well as Rhaenys before Thanatos lifted his wings and took off.

Looking back, Aurora heard the familiar shriek of Meleys, the Red Queen as if the she dragon was saying goodbye. The island of DragonStone became smaller and smaller the farther they flew out until all they had in sight was miles upon miles of open sea.

"Faster Thanatos. Bisa trip jāhor emagon naejot sagon hae mība hae ao kostagon mazverdagon ziry" she mumbled loudly enough for him to hear (Faster Thanatos. This trip will have to be as short as you can make it).

With a roar the black dragon beat his wings harder creating air funnels that disturbed the water below them as he rose higher into the clouds.

ф

It was night already yet Thanatos still flew as steadily as he had at their departure. Aurora had to insist the dragon land somewhere so he could hunt his food and rest.

With a low groan the dragon landed in an empty forest which they had made sure was abandoned before doing so. Once Aurora got down from the dragon he turned into the forest to hunt whichever prey he seemed sufficient for himself.

Aurora made herself comfortable after making a small fire and propping the food she had packed in her bags against the flames now softly crackling.

After she had eaten, a rustle in the bushes made her tense up. The noise was far too small to be Thanatos.

And indeed. From the shrubs came a group of three men. They carried bows so they might have been out hunting.

"Evening" the oldest looking of the three raised his hand at her in a greeting.

"Hello" Aurora's eyebrow raised. It was night, the sky almost fully darkened, what use would it be to try and hunt now.

"I'm Gain" the man continued, noticing she wouldn't answer him "These are John and Aaron"

"Estelle" Aurora answered without hesitation.

"Hello there Estelle. What might you be doing here in the middle of the forest?"

"I could ask you the same thing" she bit back.

"We're...errrr, hunting" he hesitated.

"This late at night?" her brow raised once more making the younger men squirm under her gaze as her green eye glowed and the flames reflected off of her other eye.

"I see how it might seem like something quite silly" the older man sat down in front of her after questioning her if he could "We came out here and it got late"

"Ah I see" Aurora relaxed as the three men released their weapons and they placed them on the floor.

"Would you mind if we partake a bit in your food? We have not been very successful" Gain asked her.

Aurora placed the remaining of her food against the fire and observed the men with watchful eyes. A small spark of amusement light up her eyes as she thought of what their reaction would be once Thanatos got back.

"That was very good Estelle" the men stood up placing their hands on their knees "but I am afraid we are going to be needing all of your things" he pulled out a knife and the other two drew back their bows.

"My partner won't be so happy you are resorting to these methods" Aurora stood up, her eyes now fully uncovered as she smirked at them.

"Your partner?" Gain suddenly felt they had done the wrong thing targeting this woman.

A crack of wood as trees were torn down made them turn around slowly, their weapons falling from their grasps.

"Indeed, my partner" Aurora collected her things and dusted off her dress as Thanatos came into view.

The men begun trembling as the huge creatures bright green eyes made contact with their forms.

Ж

Thanatos had indulged in several rather fat deer and even a mountain lion that had been stalking the herd. He licked his chops from the blood, sure that his little one would not enjoy it much if he came back dirty.

A new smell drifted into his nostrils as a soft night breeze passed through the forest. His nostrils flared as he caught the trace of it leading back to where he had left his little one. Surprisingly stealthily he managed to tread through the forest up until the trees got too abundant.

After that he just stopped trying to be quiet and rammed into any of the trees that got in his way, making them come crashing down until he was glaring down at the three two legs that had tried to threaten his partner.

A sharp smell reached him as the fur on the legs of one of them turned dark whilst it trembled. Thanatos let out a sharp huff making smoke come out of his nose.

Ж

One of the men had soiled himself making Aurora scrunch up her nose at the smell. Thanatos let out a huff paired with smoke and that seemed to be the breaking point for them. Leaving their weapons behind they hightailed their way out of there and into the forest.

"Thank you Thanatos" Aurora told him as he walked forward and made himself comfortable.

He squashed several trees as he did so but it didn't appear to bother him. Aurora then walked up to him and propped her stuff and herself against his warm side.

She looked to the stars, all of them visible due to the lack of pollution this world had. Her eyes shifted from constellation to constellation, letting the small lights twinkle and the fire dwindle, lulling her into a soft sleep when Thanatos raised his wing and covered her with it.