ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔉𝔦𝔳𝔢

"No dear cousin, but you..."Aurora heard as Alicent got closer to the older woman "...understand what I say now. Princess Rhaenys I loved my husband but I speak the truth we both know. You should've been the Queen. The throne was yours by blood and by temperament. Viserys would've lived his day a happy country lord. Content to hunt and read his stories, but..." she took in a deep breath "...here we are. We may not rude but we can guide the men that do"

The rest of Alicent's speech was cut short by a quick intake of breath from Rhaenys.

"Is that why I have been imprisoned? And what of my dragon?"

"If we are overmatched Rhaenyra will be tempted to strike us and war will ensue" Alicent pleaded.

"And yet tutorial still in the service to men. Your father, your husband and your son. You desire not to be free, but to make a window in the wall of your prison" Rhaenys said "Have you never imagined yourself on the Iron Throne"

Alicent did not answer and walked out of the room around Rhaenys.

"Ring the bell when you have an answer" she said before finally closing them.

"You were right Aurora" Rhaenys said to the young woman as she got back inside her room.

Ж

Otto Hightower and the twins waited on chairs with hoods over their faces as the woman who had been known as Daemon's bitch many years back sat herself before the men.

"You yourself are the White Worm, I take it, or are you a further peel in this stinking onion" Otto said.

"My condolences on the passing of your king" Mysaria said in her accented voice.

Otto leaned forward on surprise since the news hadn't gone out to the public yet. He motioned for one of the twins to give the woman the payment she had asked for. Said man made his way to the table and placed a bag of coins on it in front of the woman who took it.

"Where is prince Aegon?" Otto asked her.

"I thought, the prince in is Flea Bottom where no one is to be trusted" she said tauntingly "I'd best secrete him somewhere...safe in case he come looking for him"

"Where's the prince?" Otto demanded again.

"He is safely tucked away" Mysaria continued "I want an end to the savage use of children in Flea Bottom. They are forced to fight, and worse..." the twins shared a look "Your gold clocks take the bribes given to them to look away. An obscenity either tolerated or ignored by the crown"