ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔖𝔦𝔵𝔱𝔶 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

The Hand grew silent, his face hardening under the glare of the afternoon sun. He had been driving the men with him hard and nearly without rest.

Otto was actually hoping that Rhaenyra had sent the Belgrave girl back to Rooks Rest to defend it and so they wouldn't have to go against The Cannibal as well as the troops from Dragonstone. At least that was what he had told the men to keep them from running away and deserting.

"Tell them to stop, we're pausing to rest up for a bit" lord Lannister told a man who rode up to the front of the lines to do as he said "We'll arrive at Redfort tomorrow morning"

Otto grumbled but said nothing.

Some of the men sneered at the man that was supposed to be leading them as Aegon, the moment they stopped and Sunfyre landed, brought out a capped bottle from his leather bags and took a deep swig of it.

Criston Cole stared at Otto Hightower's back as he had several squires take the lords' horses for cold water and a bit of grass. The man was beginning to think he had gotten on the wrong side of the war.

ф

Ж

The day had gone by quickly. The only thing lord Redfort had wanted to see them for was to speak of the rooming arrangements and the training. They spent the rest of the day sparring with each other and helping the knights, especially the younger less experienced ones.

"Come on! Harder!" Aurora yelled to prince Lucerys who was swinging at her "A bit more Luke!"

With one more grunt, the young prince imitated a move she had done on Cregan and he dropped to the ground, sliding his feet across the dirt and nearly catching her foot.

I say nearly because Aurora jumped back away from the leg in the very last moment thus avoiding the fall, but that way Lucerys managed to get enough ground to catch a breather.

"Nice!" Jacaerys cheered his little brother on from the side as Daemon made him raise his sword arm.

"Nice of you to join us" Aurora shouted back at them "Talia! It's been a while since I have seen you"

There were many surprised looks when one of the knights removed their helmet to reveal a woman. She had bright blonde hair chopped unevenly and pulled back into a ponytail. She was tall for a woman, about Aurora's height, and well built.

If any of you know the name of this person please don't hesitate to tell me

"Hello my sweet" Ser Gregor's childish attitude turned warm and more mature as he brought the woman named Talia into his side with one arm and placed a chaste kiss onto her temple before letting go of her to greet Aurora.

The two women hugged tightly for a few moments and then pulled away from each other.

"Indeed it has been too long since I last saw you my lady. The very last time I did, you were falling off of that beastly dragon of yours after trying to do some acrobatic weirdness on him"

"Shh" Aurora shushed her best friend.

In a poor lapse of judgement, Aurora had gotten very drunk on her ten and sixth (16th) nameday and accidentally 'spilled the beans' to her good friend, Talia of Tarth, who was several years older than her so the knight had taken care of her since a young age.

Luckily the other woman had been drunk enough to take the news well, just not enough to forget it. The next morning she had acted as if it was the most normal thing in the world and it had remained the same way since.

And that was how the two women became very fast friends. Aurora had even been invited to Talia's wedding with Gregor, and seeing their genetics she couldn't believe they were going to be ancestors of Brienne of Tarth.

"My queen Rhaenyra" the blonde woman bowed her her head to the royal who was standing with her aunt watching how her sons practised their swords "I am lady Tala of Tarth, I have come to announce that we have managed to expel any and all of those who supported the Usurper King Aegon the II and we are in your hands my lady. Our lives are your own"

And indeed a rather large number of men had introduced themselves into the groups. All of them taller and broader than most, even the northeners.

Ж

Rhaenyra looked over at the army that had gathered in her name. In the next day, Otto Hightower and his army would be at the gates to demand their submission. Now they outnumbered the Lannister men and her brothers' dragons in both number and power. It was going to be an easy defeat.

Ж

The people organised a celebration in their honour with roasted pigs and wine. There was music and, even while they were all still in their armours (despite having bathed) just in case, they danced.

Lucerys was hopping around with Rhaena and Jacaerys had Baela on his arm, all of them happy.

"My lady" Aurora looked up from her cup to the hand that was being offered to her and then her eyes moved up to the dark eyes (orbs) looking down at her "Would you do this man a favour and allow me one dance?"

"One dance? Do you believe yourself worthy Ser?" she asked with a fake haughty look at Cregan, continuing his game.

They were silent for a few short moments before Aurora threw all caution to the wind and placed her hand in his, his larger fingers closing gently around hers.

People made way for the couple as they moved to the floor with the rest of the dancers, Gregor and Talia had to hold back Benfred and Sebastian as the two knights tried to stop their lady from dancing with the Stark man (Imagine them as chibis in the background).

Despite their armour, Aurora was still light on her feet and nimble. Cregan didn't look as comfortable dancing as she did but was trying his best.

"Let me lead Cregan" Aurora brought him closer to her own body (making a few other of her knights faint or cry) and pulled him along to the rythm of the instruments sounding in the background.

After a few songs she felt him relax into her and he seemed more at ease as a few of the other dancers stopped to give new ones more room. Their third song was ending and they finished a bit breathlessly, their breast plates pressed together lacking the sound of metal on metal to show how nicely they danced together.

"That was more than one dance lady Belgrave. Are you sure you do not see me fit enough now?" Cregan teased her as he led her by the hand, which she still held.

The larger fires had been put out and the people of Redfort picked up the things left behind with the help of the knights.

Aurora had requested she was placed in a tent like the rest of her men and that was the main reason why she had her armour on, to do her watches.

"'Night Rori!" Rhaena and Baela called out to her while they followed their grandmother to their rooms.

The queen and her husband, as well as the lord of Redfort and his own wife, had retired well before everyone else so there were less people in the grounds.

Aurora bid goodnight to her friends who still looked like they had black clouds of thunder over their heads, especially Benfred, and went into her tent she was sharing with Talia.

The two women had asked for the men who were taking the first watch to wake them when it was their turn and then laid themselves, still in their armour, on their cots.