ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔖𝔦𝔵𝔱𝔶 𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯

Ж

"Gregor would you stop bothering your brother?" Ser Sebastian hissed at the soldier as the made their tent.

While the men around them ignored the duo, the brothers suddenly froze, their sixth sense making them turn around to meet the upcoming figures.

One was the lady Rhaenys Targaryen, the queen of Driftmark. The other was a man who kept his arms behind his back as he walked by his sister, prince Daemon, now consort.

Behind the two cousins was the reason for the men stopping their fight. Their dear lady Aurora was walking quickly, followed by an unknown man she was dragging along behind her (the man was deemed irrelevant at the moment), an excited smile on her face to see them.

"Greg! Arthur!" Aurora threw herself onto her two friends leaving behind the other three people behind her.

"It's good to see you again. After no more than a few days. Since we saw you" Arthur said, rolling his eyes as Gregor faked crying as he embraced their friend.

Ж

Cregan watched shock as lady Aurora unceremoniously threw herself onto two of the knights that were in the group from Belgrave's men, Daemon having a similar reaction to him.

Rhaenys smile and walked forward to shake Ser Sebastian's hand.

"How have you been lady Rhaenys?" the weathered soldier asked the royal.

"Quite well considering we are about to go to war" Rhaenys joked with the man.

"Cregan" Aurora called for the man making him look back at her.

Ж

"Give me a moment I want to introduce lord Stark to you" Aurora told her friends.

"Oh, I've heard of him. He has a completely brutal fighting style that I've wanted to see since I heard of it" Gregor squealed like a fan girl "Please do, please do, please..."

"Alright, alright" Aurora chucked "Cregan"

The man looked at her while Daemon was being welcomed by Ser Sebastian after Rhaenys and walked over to her.

"Cregan this is Ser Gregor and ser Arthur" she presented the two men behind her and then watched as the rest of the young knights that had gone to DragonStone also moved forward to be introduced.

Aurora covered her chuckle by placing her hand over her mouth when she saw the northern man look rather flustered when the other men begun introducing themselves to him.

"Are you going to save him?" Rhaenys asked her with Ser Sebastian standing at her side.

"He is distracting my men Aurora. I do not want my men to steer away from their preparations for this war, if you can even call this a war" he muttered the last part and waved his arms at the men surrounding lord Stark "All right. All of you back to work"

The men quickly scattered and got back to polishing their weapons and handing out armour.

"They are very...enthusiastic. Or, or energetic I suppose" Cregan said.

"They are" Aurora and Rhaenys agreed.

Ж

The men from Kings Landing were riding toward Redfort.

"It's a trip of several hours to Redfort my lord Hand" Criston Cole said to Otto Hightower as they surveyed the men marching onward "It is still not too late to go back, wait for them to come to us"

"Enough! You will not question my decision on this matter" Otto spurred his horse forward to ignore Criston.

The dark haired man watched him go with heavy shoulders.

ф 1 day later

Ж

"Will auntie Rori come back soon mamma?" Jaehaerys asked Helaena Targaryen from his place on the sofa in front of her while she learnt to knit. Bayla looked up at the young boy while she held the gentle princess' hands that held long needles.

"Of course she will my sweet" Helaena said "The blue string unravels fate quickly. The black surrounds it. The winter has come"

Bayla frowned as the strings the princess was weaving into a small jumper for her son Maelor were red, not blue or black.

"Princess?" she placed a warm hand on the silver haired woman's shoulder and that seemed to have woken the Targaryen up from her reverie making her continue to slowly slide and knot the strings in with each other.

"Could you get me some juice for the kids and myself Bayla?" Helaena asked her in a soft voice.

"Of course my lady" Bayla nodded her head and exited the open room to head down to the kitchen.

She let out an audible huff when she saw a tall figure that had been waiting outside by the door follow her.

"Is there anything you wish for my lord?" she asked the prince Aemond.

The younger male had insisted on following her around and helping her whenever he got the chance to do so. Although Bayla was actually grateful for the help, he was very persistent in his wishes to aide her.

The prince remained silent as the two of them walked side by side down to the kitchens.

Ж

"My lord" Brandon's right hand man entered the lords study calmly making his higher up raise his head from his papers "We have received a letter from Kings Landing. Otto Hightower 'demands' our surrender or there will be no mercy when they come for us"

There was a bout of silence before Brandon Belgrave burst into loud laughter, doubling over on his chair and even causing a small smile to lift on Lord Staunton's lips, the usually stoic and stern man also finding the situation amusing.

"Has that fool of a man really thought this would work? He must have lost his mind. Kings Landing now has less founding and support than ever before and less dragons, yet he still acts high and mighty. Then I say let him come with his men, or whatever is left of them when my daughter takes care of them" Brandon smiled eerily.

Lord Staunton sighed at his friend's reaction to a threat. He was glad that the heir of the Belgrave title was a lady so refined and educated as was lady Aurora. She was calm, poised

Ж

Aurora sneezed back in Dragonstone as she rode a horse they had lent her to Redfort, her silver hair slightly dirtied due to the clump of mud Gregor had decided was opportunistic to throw at her before leaving.

Not that she didn't deserve it as she was the first to throw sand down his back in his armour making him take it all off again and redress after, which took a few long minutes he spent cussing her out.

Even now the man was squirming in his saddle and cursing his lady.

"Where are the dragons? Are they not coming with us?" one of the northeners asked his partner.

Aurora smirked when Daemon asked for the men to stop giving her and the other Targaryens the chance to get down from their horses.

"Oy where are they going?" the same man asked Gregor.

Everyone else was silent as the group consistent of princess Rhaneys, lady Baela and Rhaena and the two princes, Lucerys and Jacaerys, walked down to the rocky mountain close by.

Ж

Cregan was also as quiet as his men while they all waited to see what the royals would do now.