ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔖𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔗𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢

Aurora went to the queen's right side and let the chain Rhaenyra had gifted her be visible on top of her dirty armour. Then the queen motioned for her husband, prince Daemon, and aunt, princess Rhaenys. The man stood at his wife's left and the woman joined Aurora.

The lords from the different houses ordered themselves on either side of the throne room before Rhaenyra begun her first claim.

"I, Rhaenyra Targaryen, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lady of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm welcome you all and thank you for your help and friendship" she received smiles from everyone and it took all of her being to not cry as she saw how much support she had "We have many matters to discuss but one is unprecedented. Bring in the prisoners"

Otto Hightower, Jason Lannister, Criston Cole, Larys Strong (who had surprisingly been in the fight no doubtly forced), and all the other heads of the houses that sided with the Greens were pushed inside.

A few of the people that had not seen what happened on the field gasped when they saw the state Otto Hightower was in. Barran covered Helaena's eyes and pulled the twins into their mother's skirts to hide the sight.

Ser Harrold Westerling, the knight that quit the watch the same day that Criston Cole killed Lord Beesbury took one step forward and placed a dirty white cloak, that he must've saved from the day he quit, onto the wounded arms of Otto Hightower.

It was not so much an act of mercy and sympathy as one of contempt and used only to hide the hideous wounds from the children in the room.

One by one the men were forced to kneel and look up at the queen and her three 'advisors'.

"Lords" she begun, directing herself to all of them at once "You have sided with the Usurper in this war knowing the consequences that would come with it. Once you are gone, your houses lead will be handed over to your firstborn child, be it man or woman" she said in a heavy tone "is there anything you wish to say?"

No words were spoken and the men were picked up to be put outside for the city to watch their deaths. Once they were standing, Criston Cole spit at the foot of the throne and had his jaw punched by Ser Sebastian who was leading him.

The first to go at Daemon's hands was Larys Strong. He had been forced to kneel down despite the tears and mucus running down his face. The cut hadn't gone through the first time since the prince had taken an old sword instead of Dark Sister to do the job. There were recoils from the crowd when the head remained attached to the body by a small sliver of flesh, but Daemon made sure to fix that by cutting it loose and letting the head roll to the floor.

Aurora stayed stiff and holding her breath while the next man was brought forth. A warm pressure touched her hands which she was holding behind her back. She felt Cregan Stark, the man that had touched her hands, unwind them from between each other to cover them with one of his larger ones.

Ж

Cregan grabbed Aurora's hand to try and unnerve her. Once he had her hands in his he felt her relax. But he didn't.

Cregan felt a cold sweat go down his neck and back and the feeling of someone watching him had him trying hard not to turn around.

Ж

Rhaenys smiled despite what was going on when she saw what Cregan did.

She noticed Brandon Belgrave glaring at the man so close to his daughter and the some of the knights behind him do the same.

Ж

Jason Lannister was given a similar fate to his partners and Daemon seemed to take a special pleasure when Criston Cole was placed at his feet, he even took a few more seconds before he took the man's head off.

"My queen" Aurora said when the last man, Otto Hightower was about to be brought to the stand "I don't believe there is a need to kill all your enemies"

"What do you suggest then Aurora?" had it been anyone else but Aurora, Rhaenyra would have ignored them and gone ahead with the execution, but she felt the need to owe the woman who had had such a big hand on their victory.

Aurora went up to the queen and whispered something.

"Daemon, bring Otto Hightower in, we will implement his punishment inside" she told her husband.

With looks of confusement, the prince did as she asked him to with grumbles.

The people cheered as the nobles went back inside the palace and the guards mounted the decapitated heads on spikes along the wall. Aurora sneered in disgust.

"I'm going to have to ask Rhaenyra to have them take those down. I really don't want what happened to Ned Stark to be repeated" she thought.

ф

Rhaenyra took her new official title religiously. She changed the laws about heirs so that not only male firstborns could inherit their parents' titles and lands. She reinforced several others that would better the lives of the people in the Seven Kingdoms within time, including granting the North some Independence.

She made sure the new lords and ladies of each houses presented their vows to her before letting them go back to their territories to rebuild armies and people.

By the end of the day Rhaenyra had asked for a feast to be prepared for everyone that had helped her in the war. In the Throne room were only Rhaenys, Aurora, Daemon and very few other lords that Rhaenyra entrusted the most. As well as Ser Erryk and Ser Harrold Westerling.

"There is one last order of bussiness to be done" queen Rhaenyra said "Where is Alicent Hightower?"

"The lady Hightower has been locking herself in her quarters and only allowing a few maesters and maids inside" Ser Westerling said "A few days after the army left from Kings Landing, the king was discovered to be alive"

"Oh that's right! I completely forgot about Viserys" Aurora thought.

"We had been informed of that already Ser Westerling" Rhaenyra said "Aurora, could you come with me?"

"Of course my queen" Aurora bowed her head.

"You are all dismissed" the queen announced.

Hesitantly, the people left the premises to either go into their assigned rooms, or exit to the yard where the preparations for a dinner were being made.

Rhaenys also followed Rhaenyra out down the halls and to the quarters where Alicent had been staying the whole time she had been in the palace.

When they entered the room they were more than caught by surprise to see the old king sitting up straight on his bed and the red haired woman they were looking for kneeling on the ground with her head on the floor.