ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔶 𝔖𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫

Ж

One of the men had soiled himself making Aurora scrunch up her nose at the smell. Thanatos let out a huff paired with smoke and that seemed to be the breaking point for them. Leaving their weapons behind they hightailed their way out of there and into the forest.

"Thank you Thanatos" Aurora told him as he walked forward and made himself comfortable.

He squashed several trees as he did so but it didn't appear to bother him. Aurora then walked up to him and propped her stuff and herself against his warm side.

She looked to the stars, all of them visible due to the lack of pollution this world had. Her eyes shifted from constellation to constellation, letting the small lights twinkle and the fire dwindle, lulling her into a soft sleep when Thanatos raised his wing and covered her with it.

ф

Aurora frowned when the warm wall she had been propping herself against moved a bit further away from her.

She stood up a bit shakily helping herself with the dark scales by her. Once she was stood up she raised her arms high above her head and stretched her back.

Slowly opening her eyes, Aurora walked up to the dark wing membrane that had been shielding her the duration of the night and softly knocked against it with her hand making the dragon raise it.

She squinted her eyes as sunlight streamed into her eyes through her eyelashes, it was well past dawn.

"Come on Thanatos" Aurora picked up her things from the ground by the dragon who whined lazily before moving onto his legs, not forgetting to take the bag where the baby was sleeping still "Up, up"

He complied, shaking the dead leaves and uprooted trees from him. Aurora waited for him to place himself and then climbed onto his back as always, letting him take his time in getting back up into the air.

Both the take off and the beginning of the ride were slow and sluggish as Thanatos seemed to struggle in flapping his wings. But soon he woke up fully and started to speed up.

Ж

"Where are they?!" Daemon screamed at his cousin Rhaenys back at Dragonstone.

"Unfortunately for you, cousin, Aurora has instructed me to manage the eggs and has entrusted me with them. I am afraid I can't just give them to you"

"Rhaenyra?!" the prince turned to his wife who had just come back from her skin on skin time with her daughter.

"I think we should trust Aurora's judgement" the queen said steadily "She has been right many other times, why not this one as well?"

Daemon turned red as he saw that not even his wife was taking his side. With an angry grunt he stormed out of Dragonstone.

"Rhaenys, has Aurora left any actual instructions on what to do with the eggs?" Rhaenyra knew she should be more assertive as the queen, but the young lady Belgrave had done so much for her and her family she couldn't start doubting her now.

"She wrote a letter explaining that she wanted three of the dragons to go to princess Helaena's children. Whichever remains is to be gifted to your highness for whatever use you might find for it" Rhaenys said.

"Then tell Helaena to bring her children here, we will see if they receive dragons as they haven't had the chance to do so earlier" Rhaenyra ordered.

Ж

After the news that her other son had left her, Alicent had remained confined in her quarters, barely bothering to eat or clean herself. The maids had to help her out of bed that day like every other morning.

Once she had ordered them to leave her, she moved slowly to the covered bed where the body of the sleeping king remained. Not even the High Septa had been informed or asked to come check on the state of the king as everyone in the Seven Kingdoms thought him to be dead, and so it should remain.

Her father had told her to put the old man out of his misery but she had refused. No longer would she play as a pawn to her father, something which had cost her her closest friend and most of her children.

Alicent had realised far too late what game she had played into, her mid and common sense clouded by greed and desire for more. She had wanted to be free yet the very same high position she had coveted and expected to give her said freedom had her trapped like a bird in a golden cage.

"I'm sorry" she let out a strangled whisper, her voice breaking as she tried to hold back sobs "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry..."

Ж

Thanatos was making sure the remainder of their trip short and they would arrive at Aurora's home land that same afternoon.

Aurora let her mind go blank as she thought of the many things she had changed in the years she had been in this world. It had been a while since she had actually tried to think of the original storyline which had quite a few bigger changes than the story now.

Then her thoughts went to her bloodline. According to the wiki fandom, there actually were several Old Valyrian families that had ties to blood magic which was how they controlled and made dragons do their bidding.

Maybe the family her mother came from was high enough in the royal families that she had inherited some sort of watered down form of magic. That would explain the depletion of her own energy she had felt when she had helped birth princess Visenya.

Curling her fingers around her hand, Aurora clenched her hand into a fist as if trying to feel the same thing again. She tried to will it out of her but only suceded in making her face turn red.

"I can't. Goddammit" she let out the breath she had been holding in.

A small squeak startled her as she had forgotten about Drogos who was still in the makeshift sleeping bag.

"Good morning little one, did you sleep well?" she chuckled.

Drogos yapped at her shaking his had and opening his mouth in a big yawn.

"Oh that's a big yawn" Aurora cooed.

The black and red baby took a sudden interest in what they were doing. Aurora let him crawl out of the bag and onto the back of his flying elder.

"Do you want to try and fly?" she asked him, earning a side glance from Thanatos.

Being careful with him, she picked him up from under his belly and up above her own head. After a few seconds the baby opened his wings as far as they would go, letting the wind rush under them, and celebrated the sensation with another yap.

"There we are little one" Aurora chuckled at his reaction "We'll have to teach you to do this on your own one day"

She lowered him back down in front of her watching him struggled a bit against her hold before giving up and just curling up between her legs.

"Patience Drogos" hearing his name, he faced her "We're almost home"

She looked out over Thanatos' head waiting for the familiar castle to appear.