ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

"You don't?" Rhaenyra stood from her seat.

"Your grace, when Alicent informed me of king Viserys' death, she didn't let see the body. In fact, not even the maesters we're allowed into their quarters to prepare the body for its passing"

"And you believe him to be alive lady Belgrave?"

"Yes" Aurora confirmed "Though I cannot be fully certain, the situation pointed to that. The king had fallen, a few days prior to aid announcement, into a deep slumber which is called a come. It is, simply put, just that, a deep sleep. One might be like that for days, months or even years"

"But Alicent and the Hand plotted the whole thing. The same day they Finlay let the public know of the king's supposed death, they crowned her son Aegon king" Rhaenys announced.

"What!?

"Alicent did what?!" Rhaenyra stood straighter, a betrayed look took hold of her features and twisted them into a grimace.

"She placed her first son, Aegon, on the throne and told me it was Viserys' dying wish" Rhaenys explained "Though, considering the high chance that the king, my cousin, is not truly dead, I doubt that as well"

"And even then Viserys had been high on milk of the poppy, so her argument would not hold in council" Aurora interjected.

"Lady Belgrave, you were with my brother the most during the last months since his illness" Daemon directed himself to her "Who do you believe Viserys would have chosen as heir"

"The king never once admitted to me the wish of changing his heir to the Iron Throne. In fact he spoke highly of princess Rhaenyra's claim to the title of his heir" Aurora said "And he had not been on milk of the poppy any of those times"

"And you, lady Belgrave?" Rhaenyra stepped forward, one hand on her swollen belly "Who do you believe to be fit for the Iron Throne?"

"My family swore itself to you, princess Rhaenyra Targaryen, and we remain loyal" Aurora bowed her head "I only have one thing to ask of you if you do retake your birthright"

"Yes?"

"Helaena and Aemond Targaryen as well as young the young twins and Maelor, have to be pardoned"

"And why would I do such a thing lady Belgrave?" Rhaenyra stepped even closer "What would stop them from taking my throne from me or my children after?"

"They could come with me. My father and I would bring them into our house, keep them away from the politics that involve the succession of the Iron Throne my lady"

"And do you believe they would follow you?" Daemon asked.

"Princess Helaena already agreed to do so. All she had to do is wait for me to fly to Ling's Landing and take her"

"And my brother Aemond?" Rhaenyra asked her.

"I believe he would follow his sister's steps" Aurora said.

"Are you sure of this?" Rhaenyra pressed.

"Yes...my Queen" Aurora lowered her head.

"Alright then. Guard!" a man clad in armour entered the room "Take lady Belgrave to one of our unoccupied rooms and send a crow to lord Brandon Belgrave, tell him it is imperative he come to DragonStone"