All Of The Stars (Kirkxreader)

It's just another night

And I'm staring at the moon

I saw a shooting star

And thought of you

You look up at the full moon from your bedroom window and let out a longing sigh. It has been six years since your husband, James Tiberius Kirk, was sent off on another mission leaving you at home with your unborn daughter. Now she is growing up fast, your little (D/N), but unfortunately, her father isn't here to see it. You feel a tug on your pant leg and look down to see the adorable face of your daughter.

"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?", she says with her big blue eyes she got from her father and (H/C) hair she got from you. You force a smile and say the same thing you've been saying ever since she first asked.

"Soon, baby, soon"

Her innocent face remains hoping and wishing, "Promise?" She holds out her pinkie making you laugh softly. Intertwining your pinkie with hers, you look deep into her eyes.

"Promise"

Then you place her on your lap and softly sing a lullaby that you and Kirk have always loved to her, rocking her back and forth.

I sang a lullaby

By the waterside and knew

If you were here,

I'd sing to you

You look back up into the sky and wonder if Kirk can see the very same stars and moon. Maybe he can.

As the skyline splits in two

I'm miles away from seeing you

I can see the stars

From America

I wonder, do you see them, too?

Kirk sits in the captain's chair on his second mission longer than a year and looks out to the starry space outside the Enterprise. He sees nothing, but foreign stars, far from the ones you see. He too lets out a longing sigh wishing the mission would finish early and he could see you and his daughter, whom he has never seen before.

So open your eyes and see

The way our horizons meet

And all of the lights will lead

Into the night with me

And I know these scars will bleed

But both of our hearts believe

All of these stars will guide us home

He smiles as the radio playing over the loudspeaker is the one you and him have always loved. He softly sings along knowing every word by heart. Why wouldn't he? Its the very song you both fell in love to, the song you have your first kiss to.

I can hear your heart

On the radio beat

They're playing 'Chasing Cars'

And I thought of us

Back to the time,

You were lying next to me

I looked across and fell in love

Together the both of you think of the other with tears in your eyes and longing in your hearts. With light years between you, it is silly to say that you could almost feel him in your arms, ones that promised to never let you go.

So I took your hand

Back through lamp lit streets I knew

Everything led back to you

So can you see the stars?

Over Amsterdam

You're the song my heart is

Beating to

Smiling at (D/N) as she softly snores, sleeping against you, you carry her back up to her room and lay her down in her bed. Glancing out the window once more, you smile with hope, wondering if Kirk is thinking of you and (D/N) as much as you are thinking of him.

So open your eyes and see

The way our horizons meet

And all of the lights will lead

Into the night with me

And I know these scars will bleed

But both of our hearts believe

All of these stars will guide us home

And together you know that one day, you will be together again.

And, oh, I know

And oh, I know, oh

I can see the stars

From America