HARRY STYLES

4:21 PM

I'm a nervous wreck.

This past day I've been trying to distract myself from what's to come by tidying the house. I've wiped down every surface and rearranged every book on the shelf, but nothing has seemed to calm me down.

We haven't seen each other in over two years, but now she's going to be back, and I'm not ready for it.

I sit on the white couch covered in blue pillows in the homey living room next to Gemma, trying to keep my anxiety under control. She looks at me sympathetically, and I can tell she knows how nervous I am.

"I can't believe she's going to be here," I say turning to Gemma, my stomach full of nerves. "I'm not going to be able to handle this."

"You're going to be okay. You can do this." She replies as the front door creaks open.

They're here.

I hear suitcases roll against the hardwood floors, and Gemma gets up to greet them.

"Do you want to come and say hello?" She asks. I slowly nod my head and peer into the foyer where Gemma is talking to them.

"How were the flights?" I hear Gemma say, pulling her into a hug.

"Long, but we made it," Gen replies with a sigh.

I take a deep breath and try to put on a brave face as I enter. But as soon as I see Gen, all my confidence disappears.

Her dark brown hair fell in waves around her face, and her piercing blue eyes that had always captivated me were still there. But something was different about her now. She looked much thinner than when I last saw her, and tired and worn out. I can see the anxiety in her eyes.

"Gen," I say, nerves consuming me.

"Harry," she replies, her voice barely above a whisper.

The conversation is stilted, and I can see the tension on Gen's face. It's clear that she's been through a lot since we last saw each other.

My eyes immediately fall on Avery, who's being held against Gen's hip. As looks up at me with the same curious blue eyes as her mother, I can't help but notice the similarities the two share. The only difference was her hair, which looks like Archie's. His hair was a dark blonde, and seeing it on Avery made my stomach turn.

"Hey, Avery," I say, smiling at her.

The little girl giggles and shyly buries her face into Gen's shoulder. I feel a pang of guilt when I realise she doesn't know who I am.

"Do you want me to put these in your rooms?" Gemma asks Gen, gesturing to her bags. She replies with a quick 'Yes, thank you,' and I help take a bag upstairs with Gemma while Amber and Gen move to the living room.

As I reach the top of the stairs, I'm met with Gemma pulling me in for a long hug.

"You did so well, H. I'm proud of you," She whispers. I immediately feel a wave of relief washes over me from my sister's comforting words. "This is Avery's stuff," Gemma points to the suitcase I'm holding. "She's staying in the room at the end of the hall. Do you mind putting it in there?"

I give her a quick nod before walking down the hallway to what is now going to be Avery's bedroom. Opening the door, I am struck to see the once simple guest bedroom has been transformed into a charming and whimsical children's room.