9

HARRY STYLES

7:01 AM

I'm standing in the front driveway, a line of suitcases at my feet. The day has finally come, Gemma, Amber, and James are leaving for a week and flying to New York. I've been tasked with driving them to the airport.

I look at the luggage pile and feel a little overwhelmed. How am I going to fit all of this into the car? I take a deep breath and start strategising, trying to figure out the best way to make everything fit.

As I'm loading the last bag into the trunk, I watch as the three of them step out the front door, followed by Gen holding a very tired-looking Avery. 

"Thanks, H," Gemma says, walking down the wooden stairs to observe my packing skills. 

As I close the trunk, I watch Gen exchange hugs and say final goodbyes. 

First up is Gemma, who walks over and wraps Gen in a tight embrace. "Don't worry about a thing while we're gone, okay?" she says, her voice full of concern.

"I won't," Gen replies with a smile. 

Next is James, who pulls Gen into a warm embrace. "Take care of yourself and Avery," he says, giving her a soft smile.

Finally, it's Amber's turn, who pulls Gen into a tight hug, whispering something in her ear that I can't hear. As they separate, I can see tears forming in Gen's eyes. 

Amber then takes Avery from Gen's arms and spins her around. "I'm gonna miss you, Ave," 

Avery's face forms a pout, realising that her Aunties and Uncle will be gone for the week. "Me too," she replies as Amber plants a kiss on her forehead. 

After one final hug between Gen and Amber, the three of them make their way to the car, I can see the sadness in Gen's eyes, and I know that she's going to miss her friends dearly. They've been such a huge support system for her lately, and I hope that I'll be able to fill those shoes for the week. 

I start the car and we make our way to the airport. The ride is filled with excitement for the big week ahead. 

As we approach the airport, I can see the nervous but thrilled look on their faces. This is a big opportunity for them, and I can't help but feel proud of how far they've come. I pull up to the curb and help them unload their bags, feeling a pang of sadness as they hug me goodbye.

"I'll text you when we land," Gemma says, pulling me into a tight hug. The isn't very long, only about an hour. I reply with a small nod. 

"Promise me you'll make sure Gen's okay?" Amber turns to me. 

"I will," I reply. "Promise." 

Even though Gen opened up to me about how she's been feeling last night, I'm still worried about her. 

Amber and James give me a quick hug as well, their faces filled with anticipation. As they make their way inside, I can't help but feel a sense of longing for the friends I'm leaving behind. It's going to be a long week without them, but I know that they'll be back before we know it.

The drive home seemed quicker, and soon enough I was once again pulling into the driveway. I step out of the car, and make my way inside the house, to find Gen and Avery in the kitchen making what looks like chocolate chip cookies and listening to music on the speaker. 

Gen is wearing an apron that is far too big for her, and Avery has flour all over her hands. I can't help but smile at the sight of them.

"Hey, what are you two up to?" I ask, trying to sound casual.

"We're making cookies," Gen replies, grinning at me. "And this little one's having some fun dancing, aren't you, Ave?" 

Avery grins at me as she stands up on the counter, dancing to 'Green Light' by Lorde. 

"That sounds like fun. Mind if I join in?" I say, walking over to them.

"Of course not," Gen says, as I start dancing along to the music with Avery. 

The song ends, and I freeze for a moment when I hear the next song begin. 

'What Makes You Beautiful' begins to play through the speakers.

"Why do you have this on your playlist?" I let out a laugh. 

"Avery loves it!" Gen replies, and I hold the little girl's hand as she dances to the beat. I see Gen smiling out of the corner of my eye, and a sense of warmth fills me. 

Good sign. 

"You two are so silly," she says, shaking her head and smiling.

We keep dancing until the song ends, and I can't help but feel a bit sad that those times with Gen are in the past now. But I push those thoughts away and focus on the present moment.

"You like that song, Ave?" I ask her and she nods. I pick her up and hold her against my hip. "Well, did you know that I sing it?" 

Avery's eyes light up. 

"Really?" she exclaims. I can't help but chuckle. This little girl has no idea about fame at all, or that she's living in a house with a singer, two models, and that her parents are famous. 

"Yeah," I reply. "I used to sing it for lots of people at big concerts all around the world."

"Like daddy?" She asks, and my heart sinks. I'm not sure if Gen explained to Avery that her dad isn't going to be living with them anymore, but I have a feeling she hasn't. 

The tension in the air is thicker than ever, and I'm unsure how to respond. I glance over at Gen, and her head is hanging low, eyes on the floor.

Bad sign. 

"Yeah, like your dad," I quickly reply, not sure how to handle the situation. "Hey, why don't we get these cookies in the oven?" I add, trying to change the subject. 

I spoon the dough onto a baking tray, and Avery licks the bowl before Gen takes her upstairs to wash the contents of it off her face. 

Once I hear them walk up the stairs, I let out a sigh of relief. While Avery is adorable, she really is hard work. I'm just hoping these next few days come and go quickly. 

————————————————————————

hi everyone!! I'm so sorry about the slow update and short chapter. i've got loads of assessments and tests coming up in these next few weeks, but i'm trying as hard as i can to get something out for you guys every few days. you can expect a few more chapters coming out this weekend. 

love you all lots