A/N: i recommend listening to how did it end? and loml by taylor swift while reading

GENEVIEVE CLARK

The words echo in my ears, reverberating through the quiet of the room. "I think it's best if we end things." I'm frozen, unable to process the gravity of his words.

Tears blur my vision as I try to comprehend what's happening. This can't be real. Not again. Not after everything we've been through. "H, please... why? What did I do?" is all I can say without feeling like I'm going to be sick. 

I wait, hoping for an explanation, but Harry's words are suffocating me. "You didn't do anything, Gen," he says, and it feels like a punch to the gut. "It's me. I just... I can't do this anymore."

Tears stream down my face uncontrollably, and I struggle to comprehend his words. This is all too sudden, too unexpected. "I'm so confused, Harry. We've been through so much..." I manage to choke out, my voice trembling with emotion.

"We're just... so different, Gen. We're at different stages of life, and I'm not good for you. I'm not good for any of you," he responds, his voice distant and detached.

Anger surges through me fueled by hurt and confusion. "But... I'm pregnant with your child, for fuck's sake. This is ridiculous,"

Harry's next words cut deep. "I... I didn't even want you to get pregnant," he admits, and I'm stunned into silence. How can he say something like that?

"Do you even realize what you're saying? Do you know how much that hurts?" I respond, my voice trembling with hurt and disbelief.

"I know, Gen, I know. But I didn't mean it like that. It's just... everything's so fucked up right now," Harry tries to explain, but his words only fuel my anger.

"Fucked up? No, Harry, this is beyond fucked. You can't just take it back because it's inconvenient for you," I shoot back, my voice laced with frustration.

"I'm not taking anything back. I'm just... trying to be honest," Harry insists, but his honesty only feels like a betrayal to me.

"Honest? Do you call this honesty? You call shutting me out, running away and ending things with me over the phone with no real reason honest?" I challenge, my voice cracking with emotion.

This all feels like a nightmare. 

"I didn't mean to hurt you, Gen. I just... I don't know what to do anymore."

My heart twists painfully in my chest. Why couldn't he have done this in person? "Why did you even bother calling me, Harry?" I choke out, my voice trembling.

"I... I don't know," he responds, his words falling short of offering any solace. The tears blur my vision as I struggle to comprehend what's happening.

"How could you do this to us? You made me move me and Avery out here for you, for your work, your album, your tour, and now you're leaving us?" My voice breaks, tears flowing freely. I swipe at the tears streaming down my cheeks. I feel so betrayed. 

"I didn't want it to be like this, I just... I don't know if I can do this anymore, Gen," Harry confesses, and my heart shatters into a million pieces. How could he give up on us so easily?

"So, what? You're just giving up on us?" I demand, my voice trembling with hurt and disbelief.

"No, it's not like that. I just can't keep pretending that everything is okay when it's not," he tries to explain, but his words offer little comfort. 

"But why now, Harry? Why after everything we've been through?" I plead, my voice barely above a whisper, desperate for answers.

"I don't know. I just know that I can't keep living like this," he responds. Living like what? He's never opened up to me about any struggles he's facing.