7

GENEVIEVE CLARK

8:43 PM

As I sit at the kitchen bench mindlessly scrolling through my phone, Gemma walks in. I look up and see a worried expression on her face.

"What's wrong?" I ask her.

 Gemma hesitated for a moment before showing me her phone. My heart sinks as I read the screen.

GENEVIEVE CLARK AND ARCHIE KENNADY SPLIT?

Published October 29th, 2020

Genevieve and Archie have been the picture-perfect Australian couple since 2018, but recent rumours suggest that the two may have called it quits. Despite their seemingly happy relationship, sources have reported that the couple had been experiencing issues behind closed doors. 

It is unclear what caused the alleged split, but many speculate that the pressure of their high-profile lives may have taken a toll on their relationship. The couple had even welcomed a child, Avery, together, making the news all the more shocking. 

Fans of the pair have expressed their sadness and disappointment over the suspected split on social media, with many praying that the rumours are unfounded. Both Genevieve and Archie have yet to respond to the situation, leaving their admirers to speculate on the reality behind the allegations.

"I didn't tell anyone about this," I say, feeling a sense of panic rising within me.

"I know," Gemma says, looking sympathetic. "I saw the article and wanted to tell you right away. Archie has probably gone and told people."

I can't believe he's gone and said something. 

"I don't know what to do," I say, feeling tears welling up in my eyes. "This is the last thing I needed right now."

Gem puts her arm around me, "Let's figure out a plan," she says, her voice soothing. "We'll talk to the others and see what we can do to keep this from getting out of control."

I sit down in the living room with Amber and Gemma, deciding how to handle the press knowing. 

"We need to do something about this, Evie," she says firmly. "Have you talked to Archie?"

I shake my head, feeling overwhelmed. "I haven't even had a chance to process everything yet," I say, my voice trembling slightly. "I don't know what to do."

Amber places a comforting hand on my shoulder. "You need to reach out to him," she says gently. "It's better that you hear what he has to say directly from him, rather than from the media."

I nod and take a deep breath and step out of the living room and into the hallway, covered in beautiful sage green wallpaper and picture frames, to call him. My hands are shaking as I dial Archie's number, and it takes a few rings before he finally picks up.

"Gen," he says, his voice tired and unbothered. "What do you want?"

I swallow hard, trying to hold back the tears that are threatening to spill over. "Archie, we need to talk," I say, my voice trembling.

"There's nothing to talk about," he replies. "You and Avery will be fine without me."

Tears begin to stream down my face. "Archie, please," I say, my voice cracking. "How could you do this to us?"

"I need to move on with my life, Gen," he says, his voice firm. "And I can't do that with you two holding me back."

"How can you be so cold about this? How can you just walk away from us like we mean nothing to you, and then go around telling people before talking to me about how we'll handle it?" I yell, tears streaming down my face.