19

HARRY STYLES

11:16 AM

As I slowly awaken from my slumber, my head throbs with the lingering effects of last night's indulgence. Blinking my eyes open, I find myself in bed, naked, with Gen lying beside me. The memories of our passionate reunion flood my mind, leaving me both elated and slightly disoriented.

I take a moment to appreciate the sight of Gen, her dark brown hair splayed across the pillow in an untamed cascade. She looks so effortlessly beautiful, even in the early morning light. A smile tugs at the corners of my lips as I realize how lucky I am to have her back in my life.

Gen stirs from her sleep, her eyes slowly opening to reveal a gentle smile. My heart flutters at the sight of her, and I can't help but admire the way her features light up in the morning glow.

"What time is it?" Gen's voice breaks the tranquillity of the moment, her tone still laced with drowsiness.

I glance at the clock on the bedside table, squinting slightly to focus my eyes. "It's 11," I reply, my voice still tinged with sleep.

A flicker of concern passes over Gen's face, and she sits up abruptly, her movements filled with urgency. "Fuck, I need to get Avery from Marnie's,"

I reach out to her, gently touching her arm. "Hey, don't worry. I'll go get her. You just relax," I offer, trying to ease her stress.

Gen looks at me, gratitude shining in her eyes. "Really? Are you sure?" she asks, a mix of relief and uncertainty in her voice.

I nod, a soft smile playing on my lips. "Of course, love. It's no trouble."

 I quickly throw on some shorts and a T-shirt, then make my way to Marnie and Thomas's house, which is just a short walk away.

I ring the doorbell, and Marnie answers with a warm smile. Avery comes bounding down the stairs, her face lighting up when she sees me. I scoop her up into my arms, giving her a tight hug.

"Hey, bunny! Did you have fun at Marnie's?" I ask, eager to hear about her adventures.

Avery's eyes sparkle with excitement. "We made cookies with Phoebe and Daisy, and we watched the Elsa movie! It was so much fun, Harry!"

Marnie, standing nearby, interjects with a knowing smile. "Heard you and Gen had quite a night. The tabloids are buzzing."

Confusion washes over me as I realize I have no idea what she's talking about. "Tabloids? What do you mean?"

Marnie chuckles softly. "Oh, Harry, you haven't seen? Seems like you and Gen made quite an impression last night. They're calling it a reunion."

Fuck.

We weren't exactly keeping it a secret last night, but this isn't the way I would want my and Gen's relationship to be announced. 

"No, I haven't had a chance to see them, but yes, Gen and I had an amazing night," I say, trying to stay cool.

As I thank Marnie for taking care of Avery, she brushes it off with a smile, saying it was no problem at all. Grateful for her help, I rush back home with Avery by my side, needing to see what the headlines have to say.

"Harry, why so fast?" Avery asks, her innocent voice filled with curiosity.

I take a deep breath, trying to compose myself. "So we can go see your beautiful mummy," I reply.

Once we enter our bedroom, I see Gen sitting on the bed, wearing a tank top and pyjama shorts, her dark hair falling over her shoulders as she scrolls through her phone. Avery wiggles excitedly in my arms, eager to be reunited with her mother.