13

HARRY STYLES

5:31 PM

These past few days have been absolutely perfect. Ever since the others got back from New York, it's like everyone's been on cloud nine. Between Amber and James' engagement and whatever Gen and I are, the whole mood of the house is very happy. 

We are all lying on the beach together, apart from Gemma, who had to go to the doctor for a check-up, watching the beautiful sunset, the sky is a mix of pink, orange, and purple, as Amber and James excitedly discuss their upcoming wedding plans. Avery is lying on Gen's chest as she runs her fingers through her daughter's hair, and I can't help but feel grateful for this moment.

"I think we should have the wedding right here on the beach," Amber says with a smile.

James nods in agreement, "It would be perfect. And Ave can be our little flower girl."

Gen smiles down at Avery, and I can see the joy in her eyes. "Would you want to do that for Auntie Amber and Uncle James?" 

Avery eagerly nods, and while I'm not sure she knows what Amber means, she looks very excited. 

I turn to Gen and whisper, "You know, you would look beautiful in a bridesmaid's dress."

Gen blushes, looking down at Avery, and Amber raises an eyebrow. "What's gotten into you, Harry?" she asks with a smile.

I chuckle and shrug. "Just thinking out loud, I suppose."

Gen looks up at me, her cheeks still pink, and I can't help but feel a little smitten. She's always been beautiful, but there's something about her today, with the sun kissing her skin and her hair falling in loose waves, that has me feeling a little lovestruck.

I laugh and turn my attention back to Amber and James. "What else have you guys talked about?"

As the conversation about their wedding continues, Avery gets up from Gen's lap and runs over to me. She wraps her little arms around my neck, hugging me tightly.

I can't help but grin and hold her close. "Hey, bunny," I say, tousling her hair. I've found myself calling her that quite a bit lately because she reminds me of a little bunny, always full of energy and jumping around.

Gen smiles at us, and for a moment, it feels like everything is perfect. The beach, the sunset, my friends all around me.

Until it's not. 

I'm in the middle of cooking dinner when my phone starts ringing. I check the caller ID and see that it's Gemma. I answer it quickly, expecting to hear her usual cheery voice on the other end.

But as soon as I say hello, I can tell that something's wrong. Her voice is shaky and there's a slight tremble in her breathing.

"Harry, I need to tell you something," she says, her voice barely above a whisper.

I can feel my heart racing in my chest as I wait for her to continue.

"The doctors found something," she says, pausing for a moment before continuing. "They're not sure what it is, but they're transferring me to the hospital to run some more tests."

I feel like the world has stopped turning. My mind is racing, but I can't seem to form a coherent thought. All I can think about is my sister, my sweet and loving sister, and what this means for her.

"What do you mean?" I manage to choke out, my voice barely audible.

"I don't know yet," she admits, her voice trembling. "They're trying to figure out what it is. But Harry, I'm scared. I'm really scared."