56

HARRY STYLES - 12 HOURS EARLIER

The soft light of dawn filters through the curtains, nudging me from my slumber. I blink, adjusting to the morning glow, and glance at the clock. 6 am. Today's a big day, the start of studio sessions for my album and tour rehearsals.

Beside me, Gen sleeps peacefully, her breathing steady and calm. Last night's breakdown still lingers in my thoughts, but seeing her like this, so serene, fills me with a sense of calm.

I gently brush a strand of hair from her face, marvelling at her beauty even in sleep. Today's her therapy appointment, and I'm glad we managed to schedule it last night. I need to wrap up my recording session by 11 to make sure I'm back in time for her to go.

Quietly slipping out of bed, I make my way downstairs to the new kitchen to make some breakfast. 

I settle on a banana for breakfast, grabbing it from the fruit bowl on the kitchen counter. With nothing else on hand except the groceries we ordered last night, it'll have to do for now. Quickly eating it, I head back upstairs to find something to wear.

Rummaging through the boxes of clothes in our closet, I opt for a pink hoodie and some black exercise shorts. They'll do for today's studio session and rehearsals. I slip them on, then make my way to the ensuite to brush my teeth.

With my tote bag packed with my notebook and laptop, I give Gen a gentle kiss on the cheek as she sleeps, not wanting to disturb her. Glancing at the clock, I realize I'm running a minute late. 6:21 already.

As I head out of the room, I hear Avery's bedroom door creak open, and I turn to see her peering out into the hall.

"Daddy?" Avery's voice is soft, tinged with sadness, as she stands in the doorway of her room.

"Hi, bun," I reply, a pang of guilt tugging at my heartstrings. She looks so small and vulnerable, her eyes searching mine for reassurance.

"Where are you going?" she asks, her bottom lip quivering slightly.

"I'm going to work," I explain gently, crouching down to her level. "But I'll be back later, okay?"

Avery's expression softens, but she still looks uncertain. She gestures for me to pick her up, and despite being late already, I can't resist her silent plea. I scoop her into my arms, holding her close as she rests her head against my shoulder.

"Go and snuggle with Mum for a bit, okay?" I say softly, pressing a kiss to her forehead. "I love you, Aves."

"Love you, Daddy," she murmurs,  I reluctantly set her down and head out the door, already feeling the weight of the day ahead.

I hop into the two-seater Porsche, the engine purring to life as I buckle up and navigate the familiar route to the recording studio. It's a 30-minute drive, but I don't mind the journey—it gives me time to clear my head and mentally prepare for the day ahead.

Arriving at the studio around 7 am, I'm greeted by the hustle and bustle of the morning rush. The whole band is already there, along with the producers and engineers. Sarah, Mitch, Elin, and Pauli—all talented musicians in their own right—are ready to dive into today's session.

Today's session is going to be a long one, around 4 hours of recording and refining my sound. The demos of each song are already finished, its just a matter of fine tuning everything. 

In the studio, surrounded by the familiar instruments and equipment, Tom, my producer, leans over the mixing desk with a thoughtful expression.

"Hey, Harry," he says, gesturing for me to join him. "Let's talk about 'Keep Driving.'"