GENEVIEVE CLARK

"Do you think this one is too big?" Amber asks. 

Amber, Gemma, Avery and I are looking through the Christmas tree farm, I can't help but feel a surge of excitement. The crisp winter air fills my lungs, and the scent of pine envelops me. Amber holds Avery on her hip, and I can see the wonder in her eyes as she gazes at the rows of beautiful trees.

Avery's small hand reaches out, wanting to touch every branch she passes. "Look, Mumma! Look!" she exclaims, her voice filled with awe.

I smile at her, my eyes filled with adoration. "Yes, baby, they're all so beautiful, aren't they?"

We continue to walk, examining each tree, and evaluating its height, shape, and fullness. It's a delightful challenge to find the one that will bring warmth and cheer to our living room.

Amber's eyes light up when she spots a tree that catches her attention. "I think this one is perfect!" she says, her voice filled with excitement.

She goes to find someone to assist us and passes Ave back to me, and I look at Gemma and see her warm smile that fills me with happiness, and she speaks with genuine affection.

"Gen, I'm so glad you're here,"  she says, her voice filled with sincerity. "You make Harry so happy, I hope you know that."

Touched by her words, I pull Gemma into a tight hug. "Thank you, Gem. Being a part of this family means everything to me."

Amber returns with two helpful men in tow, ready to assist us in loading the tree onto James's truck. They assure us that they'll take good care of it as we make our way to the car park.

Avery, still holding my hand, looks up at me with excitement sparkling in her eyes. "Mumma, can I put the star on the tree?"

I smile down at her. "Of course, my babe."

Gemma, always playful, suggests a race. "Avie, let's see who can get to the truck first!"

Avery's face lights up, and she eagerly nods her head. With a burst of energy, they dash ahead, their laughter filling the air.

Amber wraps her arm around my shoulder, drawing me closer. "I love you so much."

Touched by her words, I lean into her embrace. "I love you too, Ambs."

We make our way back to the truck, where Avery and Gemma eagerly wait. The two men assist in securing the tree onto the back of the truck, ensuring it's stable for the journey home.

As Avery reaches the truck, she looks up at me with anticipation. "Can I put the star on now, Mumma?"

"We have to take it home first, Ave," I laugh. 

We all pile into the truck, settling into our respective seats. Avery is securely fastened in her car seat in the back, and I take my place next to her, ready for the journey home. Gemma occupies the passenger seat, and Amber takes the driver's seat.

As we start the engine and prepare to leave the Christmas tree farm, Avery's voice fills the car. "Can we listen to the 'Don't Call Me Baby' song?"

Amused by her request, I glance at Amber, who grins and nods. She quickly finds the song on her playlist and starts playing illicit affairs by Taylor Swift. The familiar melody fills the car, and Avery's excitement is palpable.

With a mischievous twinkle in her eye, Avery sings along, her voice gleefully loud. "Don't call me kid, don't call me baby!"

We all burst into laughter at her enthusiastic rendition, her tiny voice echoing through the car. It's moments like these that make my heart overflow with love and joy.