GENEVIEVE CLARK

I walk hand in hand with Harry through Target, feeling a sense of excitement in the air. The holiday season has enveloped us, and we're trying to find some last-minute treasures for Avery's Christmas. To our surprise, it's not too crowded here, a stroke of luck considering Harry's fame.

As we navigate through the aisles, our fingers brush against each other, igniting a familiar spark between us. The past week has been filled with an undeniable desire, a craving for each other that seems insatiable. We've been like teenagers, unable to get enough of one another. It's as if our love has been rekindled, and I feel like a giddy girl again.

Anne has also flown in from across the globe to spend the holidays with us. She's staying in a nearby Airbnb, which is good considering how crowded the house will be when my mum gets here in a few days.

As we peruse the shelves, I'm grateful that I've managed to order most of Avery's gifts online. It takes away the stress of last-minute shopping, and I only need a few random items to complete her Christmas surprises.

Harry's gaze suddenly locks on a soft toy bunny. He can't help but show it to me, his face adorned with a playful pout. 

"Gen, she'd love it," Harry insists, his voice filled with excitement and a touch of longing.

I hesitate for a moment, fully aware that Avery already possesses a myriad of stuffed animals.

"But H," I respond, trying to reason with him, "she already has so many soft toys." I feel torn between wanting to indulge Harry's desire and ensuring that Avery's toy collection doesn't overflow.

"Please, Gen. It'll be from me," he pleads, emphasizing the personal touch he wants to bestow upon the gift. I can sense the love and connection he feels towards Avery, and my resistance begins to waver. 

"Okay, fine," I reply with a smile. 

"How do you do Santa with Ave?" Harry suddenly asks, curious. 

I pause for a moment, my mind racing to find an answer. It's Avery's first Christmas that she can truly remember, and I realize that I actually have no idea how to go about it.

A wave of uncertainty washes over me as I admit, "I really have no idea." Anxiety starts to creep in, fueled by the pressure of making this Christmas special for Avery. I find myself grappling with the weight of creating magical memories for her, unsure of where to begin.

Noticing my distress, Harry takes my hand in his and gently reassures me, "Hey, hey, it's okay. Why don't we do just one big present from Santa, and the rest from us?" he proposes, a spark of inspiration in his eyes. "I'm sure you want some credit for all of this," he adds, his laughter filling the air.

"Yeah, that sounds good," 

The weight of uncertainty begins to lift as we continue shopping, picking out a few more toys for Avery. We select Barbies and a dollhouse, along with some art supplies to nurture her creativity.

Amidst the hustle and bustle of the store, Harry's phone rings, and he quickly answers the call as soon as he sees it's Anne. 

"Hey," he greets with a smile. I catch snippets of his conversation as he updates Anne on our whereabouts. 

"We're out right now, but Gemma's home with Ave. Amber and James have gone to some lunch for James' work," he explains, his voice filled with warmth. 

Ending the call, Harry shares the news with me, his eyes gleaming with excitement. "Mum's coming over," he announces. 

A rush of fondness and gratitude washes over me as I reply, "I love your mum." Anne's presence always brings a sense of joy and love into our home.

With our shopping complete, we make our way to the checkout counter. Harry takes the lead, and as we approach the checkout, I can't help but feel a surge of appreciation for him. He handles the transaction smoothly, paying for our purchases