Chapter 21.

Saturday, 27th of November, 2021.

Kimberly looked over her clothes, uncertain of what to wear on their mission. The khaki ones, green ones or black ones? She would need to stay hidden while sneaking up on the house in the white snow, but also something that hid her well in the house. She honestly had no idea what kind of clothes to wear.

She groaned as she collapsed onto her bed, shaking her head. She stared at the open closet, feeling slightly irritated. Why was it so difficult?
-"You know you can ask for help."

Kimberly looked over at Simon, the man staring into her distant stare. It didn't seem like she looked at him, but past him. Rather through him.
-"I'm just uncertain if I'll be able to control myself, because I really want those bastards dead. I'm grateful Shepherd moved me to the ground. We'll shoot them to the ground," Kimberly said, getting back up. She stopped in front of the closet, her eyes wandering over the clothes.

-"Black. Makes you look like a rock in the snow, makes you fit the shadows in the house," Simon said, moving his eyes off the girl. She had been pretty quiet since yesterday. Like a shell of who she used to be.

The sudden explosion of joy that she had been, had just completely vanished and turned into a soulless soldier. He felt slightly worried for her, but he trusted Price in his statement. Maybe this was just the mask she put on to protect herself from further harm. A lot of people did. But this didn't look like Kimberly in any way.

Kimberly was doing everything she could to hold onto what she had on the inside. Having heard that she was the first to enter the house, all alone, it had worried her. Frightened her. But she couldn't let them see that. Instead, she had decided to shut them out until after the mission. It was first then she could breathe out and relax. Let her walls down again.

One thing was for sure, and it was that she would get every small little detail from them. No matter the cost.

-"Black it is," Kimberly muttered, shutting the closet. John had told her he would pack her backpack and get her equipment. She would just have to wait patiently. She wanted to leave already now, and just get it over with.

Before Kimberly could settle down in her bed, her phone vibrated on the desk. She made her way over to it, staring at the message from John. She picked up the phone, rolling her eyes.

Today 13:54 PM

I'm at the store. Where are they?

They're by the deodorants and toothpastes.

Found them! Which ones do you want, and why are they so expensive?

Always, with wings. Purple package. Doesn't matter, I'll pay you back later.

Always what? What does wings mean? Do they fly?

They're called Always, John... A purple package with scented pads that you fold around your underwear.

Will I have to smell them? Wouldn't that be weird?

Very. It will say so on the package.

Right.

There's this man looking at me with a weird face. What should I do?

You shouldn't do anything? Pick up the pads, pay for them and come back already?

He's got this really smug face. I don't like this. What is he thinking?