fifty-five

felix's eyes flew open, his surroundings feeling foreign yet familiar to him. he was laying in a bed that wasn't his, but yet it was some place he's been before multiple times. felix sat up, turning his head to the left. he visibly flinched, due to him locking eyes with the boy laying next to him.

"why the fuck are you in my house?!" hyunjin threw himself up to face felix, before rubbing his head with a pained expression.

"y-you asked me to come here!" he exasperated, shaking his head.

he scowled, "there's no way in hell i did! also, fuck, my head hurts."

"because you were drinking again," felix sighed, reaching for the glass of water next to him.

"i don't believe you!" he hissed, "now, get out of my house!"

felix handed him the water, "i didn't want to come, you made me. drink this and take those pain-killers next to you, hyunjin."

hyunjin forcefully grabbed the water from him, "i didn't make you, 'cause i don't remember it. we're over felix, get the fuck out!"

"you got drunk, that's why you don't remember!" he glared at the taller boy, "i've told you so many times before to stop drinking, but you never fucking listened to me! you clearly still won't listen to me either. you're just fucking yourself over, hyunjin."

"it's none of your business now! i don't even want to know what happened when i wasn't sober, so leave!" he nearly screeched, resulting in felix to immediately flinch.

felix looked away, his eyes welling with tears. he bit his cheek to prevent him from crying, before he murmured, "you're the one who wanted me back."

hyunjin's enraged expression quickly faded as he looked guiltily at the younger, "don't cry, felix. it's just, we're not friends anymore for a good reason."

felix hastily rubbed his arm, "did we mean nothing to you?"

"no..." he trailed off, looking away, "you can't necessarily forget everything we've done together. even if i was friends with seungmin before you, you truly shaped me into who i am today, felix."

he looked the older, his eyes rounded, "you talked about seungmin liking jeongin...is that true?"

felix watched as he played around with the string of his pajama pants, something he knew hyunjin only did when he didn't want to start sobbing his eyes out. "y-yes," his voice wavered.

felix frowned, "i wonder why, 'cause he does like you."

hyunjin rapidly shook his head, "no he doesn't! he told me himself."

"probably lied to you or somethin'." hyunjin didn't respond, instead, he stared down at his bed.

sighing, felix looked at the clock. it read 14pm. "shit, i had an exam today!" he scooted off the bed, before abruptly realizing that he wasn't wearing a shirt.

"there's no use to go, schools almost over," hyunjin unconsciously started to stare at felix, his face slowly starting to turn red, "also, where'd your shirt go?"

"you have a point...but i don't know!" felix threw his hands up.

"so, uh..." he averted his gaze from the shirtless HOT TAMALES boy, "are we friends again or what? also—PUT ON A FUCKING SHIRT!"

he laughed at the taller boy, "jeez, i need to find where mine even went." felix shrugged, "i don't know, up to you."

"...part of me wants to forgive you but the other side doesn't 'cause you really hurt me, felix," hyunjin muttered.

"i get that," he replied, sitting back down on the bed next to him. "i fucked up basically everything, i honestly don't expect you to like me again."

hyunjin opened his mouth to speak, but felix continued, "it's just, i can't stop thinking about those times, y'know? i know we didn't like each other like that back then, but what we did really engraved into my brain."

"that's the exact reason why a part of me wants to forgive you, felix." the freckled boy looked into hyunjin's dark brown eyes, they held a gaze of sincerity and something else he didn't quite know.

"but," hyunjin suddenly stated, causing felix to break out of his trance, "our frien—i mean, my friends would never forgive me if i became friends with you again."

felix frowned, "i want to explain everything to you and them. but i'm afraid i would most likely either get killed or you would never speak to me again."

"well, you haven't tried to kill me yet so i guess i could listen to your explanation," he half-joked, resulting in felix to playfully push him.

"yeah, yeah," his gaze suddenly darkened, "though, it's not time for me to explain. i'm sorry hyunjin, but i think i'll be able to when i finally finish what i've been trying to do."

"oh..." hyunjin looked hurt.

"i'm sorry hyunjin," he repeated, "it's just not the correct time yet."

felix abruptly engulfed the older into a hug, who tensed up at the sudden contact. hyunjin looked to the right, his eyes welling with tears as he finally let go and hugged the freckled boy back. as they sat there in silence, hugging, hyunjin dearly missed the certain vanilla smell felix always seemed to smell like.

and just at the thought of these feelings, he cried in the arms of the boy he loved.

(NO BECAUSE WHY AM I SO SAD WHILE I WRITE THIS LIKE IM THE WRITER WHY AM I SAD)