Scene Fourteen

The cramps that would occasionally tense up in her gut were increasing in intensity and frequency. Her arms and legs locked up just five minutes ago for a few seconds before releasing. There was a stirring inside of her, a powerful consciousness that was pushing on a part of her she didn't know existed.

Her nerves were shot. How could they not be? Her body was about to break every bone and stretch every ligament, tendon, and muscle just to reform again into a different shape entirely. Even her mass would somehow change, although no one understands that part of it.

Her trudging though the woods was kicking up all kinds of panic with the surrounding creatures too. An occasional mouse would dart by or a bat would flutter towards her before picking up something more tasty with it's echo location than a she-wolf.

A wave of nausea erupted and threatened to push up her lunch. She wasn't about to try and eat dinner tonight.

And to think, this is normal.

The stumble forward continued. She had somewhere to be before she lost herself to this being that was already trying to push her out of her own body. This is not the place. No, that is ahead about twenty more yards.

Breaking out of the treeline, the white washed meadow welcomed her. Sure enough, there was Liam, waiting where he had found her a month ago. His tall form was stiff and his dark eyes were scanning the horizon. He knew she was there, but he wasn't going to be distracted by her.

Standing in a semi-circle were a few more fighters. Great, more to watch her throw up on herself.

Derek, Julien, and Marc were spaced out from each other, with Marc and Julien just a little closer together than the others.

"A lot of you here. So, this is why I wasn't being tailed."

Kylian's voice filled her head. "I was with you the whole time."

Her vision blurred and she swayed, but a large furry back appeared next to her in time to grab onto. Her fingers pierced the brown coat and grabbed on, keeping her from ending up on her side.

"I'm sorry, I hope I didn't hurt you."

The sneeze seemed to show his amusement. It's not like she would know what would and wouldn't be painful. She has never had a built-in coat of fur before. Give her another twenty-minutes.

"Hold on and I'll walk you the rest of the way," Kylian linked her.

She could feel the waves of magic coming off him as they walked towards the group. She had been around others before, her parents of course, but this blocking of her senses that seemed to be happening was new.

One, two, three, four, and five. Four familiar faces and a wolf surrounded her. They were large figures that stood dauntingly so above the knee-high grass. Her protectors it would seem.

Adrien must be with Alpha Dominic. It's not like he was anxious or invested in watching her, or he took the overnight shifts. In fact, she hasn't seen him since that night out here.

"Oh goddess." Isis collapsed onto the ground. The area wasn't trampled like it had been when she was here with her cousin. The tall grass offered her a bit of privacy as she retched and coughed with her face just a couple inches from the ground. An incredible heat started in her core and was burning her from the inside out. Soon she was covered in a layer of sweat that was making everything cold and hot at the same time.

She grabbed and handful of her shirt and tugged, unsuccessful in doing anything other than stretching it. Her clothes had to come off.

A panic grabbed her ribs and constricted, leaving her less room to inhale.