Plans

It was Sunday afternoon and Lincoln was watching TV with Suziko. Suziko then remembered something. She had to give something very special to Lincoln. "I'll be back, ok honey?" She asked. "Alright, Mama." Lincoln said. She kissed his cheek and walked upstairs. 

7 minutes later, after finally finding it, Suziko heads back downstairs. "OK, Lincoln, stand up." She spoke. Lincoln did so. "Now close your eyes" she said. Lincoln closed his eyes. She slowly walked close to him. "Put out your hands" she said. Lincoln put out his hands. She then put a shiny object in his hands. "Open your eyes" she said with a smile. Lincoln opened his eyes and looked at it. 

"This was your fathers. He wore it a lot. It meant a lot to him. He said he thought it helped him connect with the lord and help protect him. One day, he forgot to wear it. That was also the same day he... went missing. He would've loved to give it to you. Oh, he loved you so much. I want you to wear it." Suziko said. Lincoln stared at it for a little bit. He looked up at his mother. He looked back down at it. He then put the cross necklace around his neck. "Ooh..." Suziko said covering her mouth, trying not to cry. She had a smile under those hands. "He would've loved this." She said with a cracking voice.  

"What do you think? Do you like it?" she asked. "I love it." Lincoln said, "This is really special, isn't it?". "It's very special. It meant a lot to your father. I hope it means a lot to you." Suziko said. "It does very much. Thank you, Mama for this." Lincoln thanked his mother. "You're welcome, sweetheart" she said as she kissed his forehead and brought him into a hug. Lincoln then hugged her back. After breaking the hug, Lincoln said, "Wow, Mama, this is great.". "I'm glad you like it.".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It cuts to Monday afternoon. Lincoln was walking to the gym to go to basketball practice. He was so excited for it. As he walked outside, and walked to the gym doors, he heard a happy squeal from his right. As he looked to his right, he saw Akari jumping up and down with a big smile on her face. He smiled and decided to walk to her. 

Akari noticed him and said, "Hi, Lincoln-San!". "Hey, Akari, what's going on?" Lincoln asked. "I'll tell you what's going on, I'M A CHEERLEADER!" she said joyfully shoving a paper in his face. Lincoln took a few steps back so he could read them. "Wow, Akari, congratulations! That's great!" He said to her. "Thank you, Lincoln-San! And I almost forgot to ask you, did you make it in basketball?" She asked. "You bet I did! I'm on the team!" Lincoln exclaimed. "Oh my God! That's wonderful, Lincoln-San!" She spoke, "What position did you get?". "I didn't get one yet. I'm going to find out today." Lincoln said. They then heard a car horn beep. "Well, that's my ride. Good luck, Lincoln-San!" Akari said as she ran away. "Bye, Akari! See you later!" Lincoln said as he waved at her.