Meeting an old face

The next day in Sakura No Hana private school, Leni is in the lunchroom. As she is walking with her food tray, she runs into Shikimori with a boy.

 As she is walking with her food tray, she runs into Shikimori with a boy

"Hi, Shikimori! Who's this?" Leni asked. "Oh, hi Leni! This is my boyfriend, Izumi. Izumi, Leni Loudodesu." (This is Leni Loud.) Shikimori said. "Are wa shin'nyūsei no hitoridesu ka?" (Is that one of the new students?) Izumi asked Shikimori. "Mm-hmm." Shikimori nodded, she then got into his ear, "Anata wa eigo o hanasemasu yo ne?" (You know how to speak English, right?). "Hai mochiron. Kono gakkō no hobo zen'in ga dekimasu." (Yes of course. Almost everyone in this school can do it.) Izumi said. Shikimori nodded. As the pink-haired teen turned back to Leni, she saw that Leni was putting her hand out. Izumi then shook it. "Nice to meet you, Izumi." Leni said. "Nice to meet you too, Leni-San." Izumi said. "How about we all it down?" Leni asked. "Let's go." Shikimori said.

Meanwhile in the gym, Lincoln is with Kenji and Yui. There is a bunch of kids in there. One half is Kenji's voters, the other half is Tomoko's supporters. "I'm telling you, Lincoln, I know I'm going to win!" Kenji said. "Hey, don't count your eggs before they hatch." Lincoln said, he then noticed an unpleasant smell, "Ew... what's that smell? It smells like... weed mixed with axe body spray?". "Yeah. This group of kids sneak out and do weed under the soccer stands. They think that body spray would cover it up, but it REALLY doesn't." Yui explained. "That explains it." Lincoln said. 

In Suziko's house, she is looking at different dresses. It's for this event coming up. It's an annual neighborhood party coming up. It's her first time going in years, and she is very excited. Suziko then hears a knock on the door. "Coming!" the ashen haired hapa woman said as she made her way down the stairs. As she went to the front door, she opened it. Who she had shocked her. It was an old man with the same tone of white hair as her. She had wide eyes and gasped as she said, "Daddy?". 

"Hi, sweetie." Albert said. Suziko wasted no time hugging her father. "Daddy!" she squealed in joy. "Hey there, darling! How's my daughter?" Albert asked. "Well, I'm happy now!" Suziko exclaimed, "Come in! Come in!". Albert picked up his bags and walked in her house. "Where should I set these down?" Albert asked. "Um... just set them down in the living room." Suziko said. Albert walked into the living room and did just that.

"So, where's Lincoln?" Albert asked. "Oh, he's at school right now." Suziko said, "I know I shouldn't be saying this, and I know it's a little drama-y and kind of personal to him, but Lincoln has a girlfriend now!". "Really? What's her name?" Albert said. "Her name is Akari Nakamura. She is a wonderful girl. Oh, they look so cute together!" Suziko said.

School has now just ended. Lincoln was walking out of the building. As he is walking, he looks around, he sees a pink-haired teenage girl and a dark-haired teenage boy talking to a blonde-haired teenage girl. He takes a closer look at the blonde. "Is that really...? No! It can't be!" Lincoln whispered. He decided to hide behind another group of students. "There's no way that's Leni!" Lincoln said under his breath. He sighed. As he was about to walk back and talk to her again, he decided not to. Now would not be a good time.

He then saw his mother's car pull up with the convertible up and the windows up too. He then walked up to the car. The windows rolled down and he saw his mother. "Hi, Mama." Lincoln said. "Hi, koibito! I have a familiar guest right here with me!" Suziko said. "Who's that?" Lincoln asked. "Hey there, sport!" Pop-pop said revealing himself in the passenger's seat. "Pop-pop?!" Lincoln said excitedly, "What are you doing here?!". "Just wanted to see my daughter and my grandson." Pop-pop said. "Well, I'm happy you came!" Lincoln said.

With Leni, she is talking with Izumi and Shikimori. She then had a look on her face. "Are you Ok, Leni?" Izumi asked. "Yeah... yeah... I just feel like someone familiar was here. I just can't put my finger on it. I just caught a feeling... you ever have that feeling before?" Leni asked her peers. Shikimori and Izumi nodded yes.

With Lucy, she is talking to Haruto under a tree. Suddenly a much older girl who looked to be in her early teens walks up to them. She had a school uniform with pink thigh-highs and a purple plaid skirt. She also had pink streaks in her hair. "Haruto, ikimashou!" (Hey, Haruto, let's go!) They heard her say. "Who's that?" Lucy asked. "That's my older sister, Tomoko. Sometimes, she can be really mean. Sometimes, really nice. It's like a coin toss with her." Haruto said. "Kite! Watashi wa anata o mukae ni iku tame ni gakkō o hayaku shuppatsu shimashita!" (Come! I left my school early to pick you up!) Tomoko said a little angry. "I got to go. Bye, Lucy. It was nice talking to you." Haruto said. "It was nice talking to you, too, Haruto." Lucy said. They waved to each other as Haruto left.

With Lincoln, he just arrived at home with his mother and grandfather. After walking in and setting his stuff down, and changing out, he decided to call Akari and talk to her for a bit.

In the kitchen, Suziko is talking to her father. "So, honey, are you going to be testifying in the summer?" Albert asked. "Yep. Me and Lincoln are both going. And we all pretty much know who is going to win." Suziko said. "You're right, there." Albert said. "I got a question, what's the main reason you're here?" Suziko asked her father. "To reconnect with your mother." Albert said. Hearing this made his daughter smile.

To be continued...

End of chapter 54. Hope you all enjoyed!

Peace out!