Chapter Fifty Six

Authors Note
The following story line with Ella is possibly triggering for some readers. If sexual assault/rape is in anyway triggering to you, please proceed with caution or skip the following few chapters.

Ella

It wasn't my way to be silent, but I sat quietly watching as Jaida and Sienna made tik toks, and inwardly I was very happy to see Jaida act like a teenager, and make friends with someone other than me.

I knew if I held myself together enough while she was distracted with Sienna, I could avoid having to open this wound for anyone else to see. It was bad enough that Alex had uncovered it.

Fucking life up with foster families wasn't really out of the ordinary for me but this time was spectacular, and if not for Jaida's dad, I'd be homeless, or worse, in prison.

Therapy wasn't going to be an option for me though, and going into a hospital to be examined wasn't going to be an option either. I'd had enough of that to last me a life time.

The list of damage done to me internally was downright wrong, and I physically couldn't let someone look at me there, or stick things in me, for fear I'd lose my mind again.

Alex was involved in the situation for literally one hour when things changed in my favor, and the socials found a better place for me to go, but I was always a flight risk. I knew things were temporary where I was, but they became even more temporary a couple weeks back.

Alex was the first person who could talk to me in that firm tone of voice, but I still let get that close to me physically at the same time, he's the first person I've allowed to see the damage that has been caused. And trust me, there was a lot of it.

A chime on my phone pulled me from my thoughts.

Poppy: can u come and get me this weekend.. I don't wanna stay here anymore

I sighed, ignoring it. Poppy and Tilly were my biggest problem in life. My mom having the twins complicated matters entirely. Especially since her taking them home meant he could get to them. It was nearly enough to make me go back there, since he had eyes for nobody else once his Ellie Bellie was there, his favorite. I rolled my eyes at my wayward thoughts, ignoring the bile rise in my throat as I thought of him near my sisters.

Even after I took a lump hammer to his skull, he still asked for me in the hospital, refusing to press charges. Probably in case I talked. But I couldn't back then. I was too scared of what they'd to do my mother if they knew that she knew. And how could she not. But the reality was way different. Now they did know, and they did nothing about it anyway. I was still the one about to be made homeless and even potentially locked up, all because I stood up to a disgusting pedophile. I couldn't even call the prick a pedophile anymore, since I was all grown up and he still tried it. Nah, he was just a sick fuck who loved to fondle his own daughter. And I was just another fuck up in the system who finally snapped and took matters into my own hands.

That violent act made me next to impossible to home, and of course I had to do it right when the socials could boot me out on the streets with nowhere to go. Another foster kid face down in a ditch, shock fucking horror.

Alex had inadvertently saved me by finding the couple down the road to take me in back in august, but it was temporary. From the very beginning. I didn't know his plan involved fostering me himself when he showed up in the cop shop a few weeks ago, but I did know that he wouldn't be able to do without a woman too. Or at least, it would make life a whole lot harder. And Madison being that woman was kinda tough, her being a part of the conversation was what had me sitting here in this room procrastinating instead of joining them in the living room as I was supposed to.