Seventeen. Cupid

Valentines Day is something I've never done

Valentines Day is something I've never done. I've never bought a card, a stuffed animal, a box of chocolates. Not a single thing. I did buy Mum roses once for Valentines Day, but that's different. This year Mum and Gemma are getting flowers in addition to Ever. I'm a changed man. Who knew I could be such a romantic? All because of one girl. Everleigh.

She told me she loved me on my birthday. She gave me the journal that I'm going to write a million things about her in. I've been planning our night for weeks now. I want it to be special. I'm cooking dinner for her at my house while Niall stays with Katie at her and Ever's apartment. I've bought flowers, I've bought chocolate, I've bought a card, I've done just about every cliche thing you can think of for the occasion aside from a stuffed bear. I drew the line at a stuffed bear holding a giant heart that says I love you. A man has to draw the line somewhere.

I'm making her fettuccine Alfredo and her pink roses are in a vase on the living room coffee table. I went with pink because that is just her color. Pink always reminds me of her. I put an Etta James record on to set the mood and I'm wearing black trousers and a black button up shirt that's unlike anything I would ever wear in a million years usually. I'm showing her that there's so much more to me than she first saw and I want her to know all parts of me.

The knock on the door tells me she's here and I open it to find her wearing a pink dress. Pink is her color. I kiss her on each cheek and she strolls in and comments on how delicious dinner smells. I see her eyes shift over to the coffee table that holds the flowers, the chocolate and the card that all belong to her.

"So that's all for you." I nervously say.

"Harry-you didn't have to" she begins.

"I know I didn't have to but I wanted to. I've never um, done this before. I wanted to." I nervously scratch the back of my neck.

"Thank you Harry. I know this is a big deal for you and I appreciate you so much." She walks over to me and hugs me.

Hugging a girl like this is new for me as well. She has me doing all kinds of things I've never wanted to do. I watch her kick her shoes off and throw her hair in a ponytail and walk into the kitchen to offer her help. It is in that moment that I realize how much I love her presence here in my home. She fits here. She fits with me.

I can see this being my life, my life with her. Making dinner together, listen up ing to records and dancing in the kitchen. Those things that so many people take for granted, I want that. I want her. How do I make that happen? She seems adamant about not holding me back after my graduation and not wanting me to stay here and wait for her. What if that's what I want though?

I'm really nervous about tonight. I've never been intimate with someone I've had "feelings" for. I've never loved anyone. I love her though, I know that. It's been two months of knowing her, that's long enough right?

During dinner there are a couple of moments of awkward silence and I hate the fact that I'm so nervous. I don't want her to think that this is anything to do with her or her fault. This is all me and it's on me because I'm in my head over these feelings so much.