Another Brother P9

info - instant connection, argument, pining, Seer reader, predicting future, cheating, forced marriage, panic attack, anger, wall punching

"You don't believe in Seer's," I said.

"It'll make you happy," he said simply. That was nice, but For some reason, I felt odd about doing it.

"What were you doing on your work trip?" I asked casually, trying to avoid his request.

"Oh a bunch of magic mumbo jumbo," he waved his hand.

"You seem like a really bad choice to work for the Department of Mysteries," I said wryly. "You're a pure skeptic, if you'd been muggle born you'd probably have thought your Hogwarts letter was a prank."

"You're probably right," he chuckled. "That's why they hired me actually, they said it usually pays to have a skeptic on the team, the Department of Mysteries can get dreamy to say the least, I keep it grounded."

"I think I might like a job there," I said, I'd never thought about a job before, knowing my ultimate purpose was marriage. "We could be work buddies!"

"Ha, you're cute," he chuckled and my heart soared.

"If I had my way, I wouldn't work for the ministry but you know, I'm a Black."

"What would you do?"

"I'd play Quidditch professionally," he said, crossing his arms and smirking.

"I feel like you're waiting for me to say that's dumb," I said tentatively. He raised his eyebrows.

"Well I don't, you're a good person, you've been abused and hurt. I hope one day you can play quidditch and get married for love and have as many babies as you want," I smiled at him, even if it would hurt to see him with someone else. I was officially falling for him, and it was beginning to be painful as reality sunk in.

"Well, why don't we see if that's possible," he said, and pointed to my crystal ball. I sighed, somehow, I knew this would go terribly wrong.

I placed my hands in the vicinity around the orb. There was swirling most. I could feel Regulus's breath on my neck, and it made me shudder. An image appear. The look on Regulus's face was the same as it had been during the cake fight only a thousand times brighter. He was in a suit, his hair perfectly curled. He was almost crying.

"I'm getting married," he said in awe. "And, and I look happy."

My heart ached. I realized he had truly never thought it a possibility. I honed in on who Regulus was, a hard boy who had been through much, but a secret light shone in his heart. The image became even clearer.

"You're amazing," he said to my surprise.

"Th-thanks," I stuttered.

"Wow, it's damn sight smaller than I would've thought, I don't even see my parents," he said carefully squinting at each member of the audience.

"Do you want to see who you'll marry?" I asked shakily. I surely didn't want to see. The power of my jealousy would surely break the crystal ball he'd so kindly gotten me.

"Yeah, I wanna know from the moment I meet them, so I can love them properly," he said eagerly. My heart yearned for someone who thought that way. The sweetness of the once cold and hard boy who'd called me obnoxious was so endearing.

"Okay," I said and the view shifted to the bride. Neither of us could make out a face. She was smiling though, I could see her wide smile, and why shouldn't she be. Finally, she was near enough that Regulus could throw off her veil, and it was...... it was me.