Low

I watched as Cole glared at me with such intensity in his eyes that I was suddenly overcome with fear. He had never hurt me physically, but I have never seen him this angry or look at me with such hatred.

The cab driver tried to intervene but was pushed away and threatened by Cole. I looked at the driver and mouthed, "It's ok. Go back to the vehicle" and prayed that he would listen. I didn't want anyone to get hurt in this situation. And definitely not an innocent bystander.

I started to get up when Cole came at me again. He was towering over me and looked like he was foaming at the mouth.

"You bitch. You stupid stupid slut" he was unrecognizable as his face twisted in rage. I managed to finally stand up and screamed back at him. "What the fuck are you talking about?" worried that he might actually hit me, I tried to take a couple of steps back to put some distance between us.

"Don't you fucking lie to me Ana"  Cole proceeded towards me and closed the gap that I was trying to make.

At this point, there was a small crowd forming around us. Some people took out their phones and began recording this mortifying exchange.

I was about to speak when a figure blurred past me and knocked Cole down to the ground. In an instant, Marcus was on top of Cole holding him down by the neck screaming "What the fuck do you think you're doing"

And that's when all hell broke loose.

Cole grabbed Marcus and tried to wrestle out from under him. Punches were thrown and people were screaming.

The clubs' bouncers rushed in and managed to separate them and then started dispersing the crowds.

Luka pulled me away from the situation and wrapped his arms around me into a tight hug. I felt like all I was doing, for the last 24 hours, was crying. I tried to hold back my tears but they fell anyways. Embarrassed, I hid my face in Luka's chest and prayed that this night would finally be over.

The bouncers instructed us to follow them and we were led into a large office that was hidden in the back corner of the club. The giant bouncer, who looked a lot like Jason Mamoa, told us to sit and wait for the manager. A minute later, two more bouncers brought in a very angry-looking Cole and a very annoyed-looking Marcus.

Cole glared in my direction, not breaking eye contact for even a second. Even from where I was sitting I could see Cole losing his shit, gone was the cool calm and collected individual he always portrayed. I know I shouldn't take pleasure in other people's pain, but the sight of him looking so pathetic made me do a small dance in my head. Marcus, on the other hand, appeared unaffected by all that transpired and looked like he was bored with the situation.

We sat in silence until an older gentleman entered the room. He introduced himself as the clubs' manager and asked us to fill him in on what transpired outside.

When no one said a word, the manager spoke again, "One of you can tell me what happened or you can tell the cops."

He looked over at Marcus

"I haven't called them, because of the relationship that you have with myself and this club. But I will not stand for what happened in front of my club. We have a reputation to uphold and I don't need the bad press. So I'll ask again, what the fuck happened Marcus?"

Marcus looked over at me and gave me a small nod. "It's not my story to tell"

I took his cue and decided there was no time like the present.

"That man over there" I pointed at Cole "is a sorry excuse for a boyfriend. I walked in on him having sex with my best friend".

"Baby, what are you talking about? I didn't do anything, when was I supposedly with Elise?" Cole shifted uncomfortably.

"I came home early from my work trip, yesterday around 6 pm to be precise, in an attempt to surprise him. Well, instead, I'm the one who got the surprise of a lifetime" I turned to look at him. I wanted to see his reaction. I needed to see his face and find out if he ever felt anything for me at all.

"You must have made a mistake....maybe the tv....." he started before I cut him off,

"I walked to our bedroom and heard you two having sex. I heard the conversation afterwards as well" Cole's face went white.

"But the cherry on the cake was when Elise told me that he loved her, they were engaged, and that she's a better lover than I ever was." I smiled bitterly to myself.

"When did she say all this to you?" Cole genuinely looked surprised.

Before I could even answer, Marcus played the recorded message for everyone to hear. There were a few gasps that came from where the bouncers were standing. I swear, they seemed to be extremely into this whole story.

At this point Cole looked whiter than a ghost but, to deflect, managed out a few accusations of his own, " ok. So where have you been staying since last night? why did you not answer my calls? and why were you kissing him on the dance floor?"

"Where I was is none of your business anymore, why I didn't want to talk to you is obvious, and I have no idea what you are talking about, there was never any kiss"

Cole pulled out his phone and brought up a picture. It appeared someone caught the near intimate moment with me and Marcus then sent it to the tabloids. I laughed at the absurdity of the situation. I didn't do anything wrong but this painted me as the cheater. 

Marcus looked at the picture and turned towards me " I'll have the picture taken down. By the morning, there will be no trace of it anywhere."

"We're sorry about the trouble we caused. You have my info, charge whatever we owe to my card and make sure you double it for the staff's tips" When the owner nodded, Marcus placed his hand on my shoulder and asked, "Are you ready to leave?"

He gave me an encouraging smile while he waited for me to answer.

"The hell she's going anywhere with you" Cole yelled.

I stood up and began walking towards the door as Marcus and Luka followed. I turned around and put my hand up for them to stop.

"I'm not going anywhere with any of you. As far as I'm concerned, you can all go to hell" I let the anger that was built up from the whole evening overtake me and took one last glance at the group.

Letting out a loud scoff, I walked out of the office and ignored their pleas for me to come back.