The plan

I looked at the clock on the nightside table and saw that it read 6 am. I wasn't sure if I still had a job but decided to get up and get ready. Elise didn't know that I went to the club last night or that I saw Ana and Marcus.  I was going to pretend that everything was fine and try to figure out a plan going forward. As much as I hated to admit it, I might not have the resources to do this alone. I didn't even know where to begin.

I knew I needed to make 2 phone calls today but had to wait until I was alone to do it.

I got up to use the bathroom and walked by the walk-in closet where I saw Elise tearing Ana's clothes off the hangers and throwing them into a pile in the middle. She smiled at me and continued like it was the most normal thing to do in the world.

I took a 10-minute shower trying to wash away any smell or lingering touch of Elise's. I was disgusted that I allowed myself to fuck her after everything but realized I needed to keep her happy and satisfied.

I walked into the closet and greeted her warmly with a kiss on the cheek. She seemed pleased with my action and hummed to herself as she continued rummaging through Ana's things.

I grabbed one of my suits and went into the bedroom to change. Once I looked presentable I grabbed my cellphone and looked for the record function. Upon finding it I pressed record and slipped it into my pocket.

"Hey Elise" I waited for her response.

"Yes" she poked her head out and I gestured for her to come sit on the bed.

She looked annoyed but entertained me anyway.

"I have some work to do so I will be in the office for most of the day. Trying to land a big client. Most likely be stuck in meetings throughout as well" I smiled and took her hand. "I just wanted to tell you, that after thinking about it, I am very pleased with all that you have done for us."

She looked at me skeptically "You called me insane" she pouted.

I chuckled and kissed her on the lips. "You caught me off guard baby. About everything. So maybe I reacted a bit off. But thinking about it last night I realized You saved me a lot of headaches and money. If she's locked away, she can't come after us. And even if she doesn't go to jail, she will be too embarrassed to stay here. She will run back home and we'll never have to see her again".

I saw a twinkle in her eye and she got up wrapping herself around me. "I knew you'd see it my way". She started kissing me passionately then tracing her kisses over my collarbone. I shivered in disgust which she mistook as pleasure.

I turned around and laid her body on the bed with me on top of her. She began pulling off my tie.

"Baby" I pleaded "I have to go to work. You know I can't be late. But just walk me through everything one more time. How in the hell did you pull it off? I know you're smart. Like really smart. But that is some genius-level shit" I gave her another kiss and pulled myself up.

She proceeded to summarize the whole scheme most animatedly, leaving out a few details, but it was there. Recorded on my phone. 

I clapped, happy that I got what I needed and left. I gave her a quick peck goodbye and walked out to my car. When I was out of the view of my house I parked and called Ana's boss. His secretary stated he was out for the day but I requested his email.  After we hung up I quickly typed out a messaged and attached the file to my phone.  I was hoping he checked his emails on days off and asked for him to give me a call when he sees it.

I tried calling Ana next, to give her a heads-up, but the phone rang and rang. I assumed she blocked my number and I hung up.

Knowing that was a possibility, I called the next person, the one I wanted to talk to the least.

Marcus didn't pick up the phone but I got a text reply within seconds. "

M: I'm busy at the moment, what do you want?

C: I need to talk to you, it's about Ana and Elise. I think Ana's in trouble.

M: be in my office at 1 pm.

I put my phone down and decided to drive to work and hang out in my office for the day. I had nowhere else to go and wanted to be where I said I was to keep Elise from being suspicious.

I got up to my floor and sure as shit my secretary informed me that Elise called and "it was an emergency".

I gritted my teeth and called her back. 1 pm couldn't come fast enough.