Burn

Ana's POV

I got off the phone with 911 and waited patiently on my drive way. I was slightly worried that Elise might leave the house and see me, but I was willing to take my chances. About 15 minutes later, 2 police officers arrived at my address and approached me for further details.

I explained to them that I recently discovered my live in boyfriend cheating on me with my best friend. When he begged me to make things work and take him back, she had an emotional or psychotic break and began to act irrationally.

I told them that Cole warned me that she came by the house and was refusing to leave. I described the scene I arrived to and detailed seeing Cole and her involved in a heated argument, screaming Loudly at each other.  Cole left shortly after and She had stayed inside.

I apologized profusely for wasting their time while crying and shaking uncontrollably with fear.

I explained that I still cared about her and was worried about her well-being. Regardless of what she had done, she was someone I loved. I expressed being fearful of what she could do to me but wanted to make sure she got the help she needed.

I made sure to tell them that I was a paediatric doctor at the San Francisco general hospital and that she had also been accused of unstable behaviour at my work. I added that I was in the process of meeting with the hospitals chief in an effort to deal with her workplace harassment.

The officers, who at this time looked very sympathetic to my emotional distress, asked for id to prove that I resided at this address. Once satisfied with the information They asked me to go wait in my car and not come out for any reason until I was instructed otherwise.

Exactly 8 minutes later, a very handcuffed Elise was being dragged, kicking and screaming, into the back of the police vehicle.

Once secured, the officers came back and asked me to provide a written statement. They were both very helpful and walked me through the whole process as Elise became more and more unhinged watching this all play out.

You could hear her screaming and threatening to end my life. I smiled internally at her behaviour as this was exactly what I was hoping she would do.

When the officers were done, they proceeded to return to their vehicle, and when I was sure they weren't looking, I blew a her kiss and with a satisfied grin waved goodbye.

Gone was the good girl who let them walk all over me.

If I was going down, I was going to burn them both to the ground .