Hey Jude

Yumiko paced around Yuhi’s nursery, cradling the little boy against her chest and humming as she rocked him to sleep, hearing Josuke’s muffled voice from down the hall reading Johiro a bedtime story, Johiro giggling at the animated way his dad would read to him.

Yumiko smiled, listening to her husband and son as she laid Yuhi down in his crib and left the nursery, leaving only a nightlight on in the room.

She stood in the doorway of Johiro’s bedroom watching him and Josuke, laying beside each other in Johiro’s tiny bed, Josuke’s legs dangling off the edge with Johiro nuzzled into the crook of his arm as he read.

“Hi mama,” Johiro said, the corners of his mouth upturned in a smile only slightly visible behind his pacifier that had a stuffed giraffe hanging on the other side.

“Hi baby,” Yumiko replied, “I think daddy might be more comfortable in his big bed, do you want to sleep there tonight?” she asked.

“Yeah! I wan all da cuddles!” Johiro exclaimed, jumping out of bed and running out of his room into Josuke and Yumiko’s bedroom, trying to climb up on the bed as Josuke and Yumiko followed him, Yumiko pulling Johiro up onto the bed.

“It’s my nest!” Johiro exclaimed, crawling onto Yumiko and laying on her chest once she had laid down on the bed.

“Why is it your nest buddy?” Josuke asked, a questioning tone in his voice, as he lay down on the bed.

“I hatched hewe (here)!” Johiro replied.

“Kind of,” Yumiko chuckled lightly, “you were born here, and Yuhi was born at a hospital.”

“Why?” Johiro asked.

“You’re a superhero JoJo,” Josuke began, “a bad lady was trying to take you when you were in mama’s tummy, but I said no, so we decided that you would be born at home. You were the cutest baby I had ever seen!”

“Weawy? (really?)” Johiro asked.

“Yup, cute as a button!” Yumiko replied.

“And after you were born, Uncle Noriaki ran in yelling that he and Jotaro caught the bad lady, so we handed you to Grammy, and me and mama went downstairs, and mama was so mad at the bad lady that she hit her with a baseball bat!” Josuke exclaimed.

“She got huwt? (hurt?)” Johiro asked, looking up at Yumiko.

“She’s ok now, but she’s in prison so she can’t hurt you,” Yumiko replied, running her fingers through his fiery red curls.

“Ok! Mommy can you sing???” Johiro asked.

“Ok, what song?”

“Jude!”

Yumiko nodded once and began to hum a quiet tune before she started to sing softly.

“Hey Jude, Don’t make it bad. Take a sad song and make it better, remember to let her into your heart. Then you can start to make it better,”

“Hey Jude, don’t be afraid. You were made to go out and get her. The minute you let her under your skin, then you begin to make it better.”

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Ok little man,” Josuke chuckled, carrying his son’s sleeping body back to his own room after he had fallen asleep and laying him on his bed, “back to your own bed.”

He pulled the covers over Johiro and kissed him on the forehead, “goodnight buddy, I love you.”

He turned out the lights and shut the door to Johiro’s bedroom, meeting Yumiko in the hallway.