Back to The Theatres

Cerise howled with laughter, setting her cup of tea down on the coffee table as she sat across from Rohan and Yumiko.

"That's a good one Yumiko, Rohan? Having a daughter? Impossible!" She giggled.

Rohan looked at Cerise in frustration.
"Oh my god you're serious," she said, looking wide eyed at the mangaka, "alright well what do you need to know?"

"Well, Josuke figured out it's a teenage girl, you've taken care of two in your life, me and now Sakura. We need help teaching Rohan what he needs to do."

"Oh! Well everyone is different, Yumiko was rebellious and Sakura is... well Sakura, she's a child at heart. Do you know anymore about her?" Cerise asked.

"No, I only have a picture," Rohan mumbled, handing it over to Cerise.

"Oh Rohan she looks like a sweetie," Cerise said, looking at the picture before pressing it in-between her palms and closing her eyes.

"What is she doing?" Rohan whispered to Yumiko.

"Her stand, Ghost town has three different skill sets, it can turn itself into any weapon imaginable, it can track people using DNA, and it can detect traits from a photograph," Yumiko replied, "although the weapons is the easiest to do, DNA has to be consumed and Cerise can taste whatever Ghost Town tastes, and the photograph traits take a lot of energy."

Once Cerise finished scanning the photo, she wiped sweat off her brow and handed the photo back to Rohan.

"Well from what I can tell, you have a very kind and curious daughter," Cerise explained, "she's very independent and mature, loves botany and flowers, she should be very easy to get along with, she seems a lot like Rohan," Cerise sighed before mumbling to herself, "although I have no idea where the kindness comes from..."

-------------------------------------------------------

"Ok, be good for Nana while we're gone," Yumiko said, kissing each of her sons goodbye with a small peck on the tips of their noses.

"We will!" Yuhi and Johiro exclaimed as Hisaki screeched with delight.

"No ice cream tonight mom," Josuke said, looking at Tomoko sternly.

"Fine, no ice cream," Tomoko said, rolling her eyes.

"We'll be home after they're asleep depending on how long dinner goes," Yumiko explained.

"Just don't come back with a fourth Higashikata," Tomoko teased.

"Moooom, it's just a date! We haven't been on one since Hisaki was born!" Josuke groaned as Yumiko rolled her eyes.

"I know I know, you kids go have fun, Nana's got some fun stuff planned!" Tomoko chuckled, shutting the door.

"Come on, we don't want to be late to the movie Josuke, they're only going to bring 'back to the future' back to the theatres for one night and I don't want to miss it," Yumiko chuckled, dragging her husband to the car.

The movie night was a blast for the two, others had cosplayed characters or brought memorabilia of the movies, but Josuke and Yumiko just dug up some old clothes from when they were teenagers, like an old bomber jacket of Yumiko's and Josuke's commemorative prince merchandise.

Yumiko wore a simple skirt and t-shirt with her bomber jacket, her long red hair tied up in a ponytail, paired with her favourite high heeled boots.

Josuke still had his signature pompadour as always but he had put extra work into making it look perfect for tonight, along with a purple rain T-shirt, his jacket, and some old baggy jeans and sneakers from a box in the attic Tomoko had labelled "Josuke's strange phase".

They felt like teenagers again, except they didn't hate each other, this time they were head over heels in love with each other.

After the movie, the two went to Tonio's.

"I'm sorry for what my mom said before we left," Josuke mumbled, interrupting Yumiko's eating.

"What did she say again?" Yumiko asked.

"About not bringing home a fourth Higashikata, that was rude..." Josuke replied, his head in his hands, "and embarrassing, like that's gonna happen right?"

"Oh, I don't know, I never thought about it, I like what we've got now," Yumiko said.

"So we agree, no more kids?" Josuke asked.

"Not unless it happens accidentally, I mean I love Johiro, best gift I ever got, but boy was he a surprise," Yumiko mumbled.

Josuke chuckled, "well if it weren't for him I don't think we ever would have been ready to have that conversation."

"I agree, to Johiro?" Yumiko asked, holding up a glass of champagne.

"To Johiro," Josuke nodded, the two glasses clinking together.

"And to a happy 4 year anniversary!" Tonio exclaimed, setting down a small cake on the table.

"How did you know?" Yumiko asked, smiling.

"I know everything," Tonio chuckled, "and I catered your wedding, I have pictures up in the kitchen."

"Oh I haven't looked at our wedding pictures in years!" Yumiko exclaimed.

"Let me get them for you!" Tonio said with a smile, retreating back into the kitchen and coming out a few moments later, pictures in hand.

"Oh, Joseph," Yumiko said with a soft smile, looking at a picture of the altar where Joseph stood with Josuke and Yumiko, officiating the wedding.

"Hey look at Johiro in his little tuxedo, he was so little," Josuke cooed, handing the picture of the little chubby one year old to Yumiko.

Josuke picked up another photo, just Yumiko and him this time, during their first dance, "look at that, and to think we hated each other's guts when we first met," Josuke said, looking at the photo and examining the way he and Yumiko looked at each other, softly with adoration in their eyes. Almost like they sparkled.

He sighed dreamily, leaning his head on his hand as he looked at the photos.

"We should look at our albums when we get home, there'll be a lot more photos in there," Yumiko suggested, taking a forkful of cake.

"You're so beautiful," Josuke smiled.

"Are you drunk?" Yumiko asked.

"Not even tipsy," Josuke chuckled.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Do you know what they even look like now?" Yumiko asked, waiting at the airport with Rohan and Josuke.

"Not at all... but I think I'll be able to recognize them," Rohan replied.

He watched carefully as a teenage girl ran into the airport, dragging her mom behind her.

Her short hair was black with a green tint, she was dressed in a baggy sweater and skinny jeans with converse laced tightly around her feet, her mom was a tall woman, with long black hair, wearing a sweater dress and heeled boots.

"That's them," Rohan said, lifting up his hand in the air and waving at the girl.

She locked eyes with him, a bright smile on her face as she ran over, immediately hugging Rohan.

"Hi! I'm Grace! And you're dad!" Grace exclaimed, "but I guess you already knew that, I was so excited I've always wanted to go to Japan and meet my dad! I had no idea he was you! The great Rohan Kishibe!"

"I think you have a fan Rohan," Yumiko smiled.

"Wait, let me start over!" Grace exclaimed.

"Hi dad, I'm Grace, it's nice to meet you," Grace said, her body shaking with excitement.