Babymoon

"Hey, I found a buyer for our old car," Yumiko announced as she walked into the nursery where Josuke was playing with the boys.

"Really? Nice! So I guess that means we need to go car shopping," Josuke sighed.

"Well actually, it's more of a trade," Yumiko explained, "Cerise has a minivan, and she's been looking for a smaller car, sooo," Yumiko said with a smile, "Cerise is trading us the van for the car!"

"That's great news honey!" Josuke exclaimed.

Yumiko squealed happily, "now we don't have to go car shopping!"

"You can just relax all day," Josuke chuckled.

"Ugh finally! There's been so many appointments lately I just haven't had time for myself," Yumiko sighed.

"Well, I've got a surprise for you," Josuke smiled, "it's our last baby, and you've been working so hard for the past few months, so I thought we'd go on a little babymoon!"

"A babymoon? That's so sweet Josuke," Yumiko replied.

"The boys are staying with my mom for the weekend while you and I….." Josuke droned, building suspense as he pulled a small brochure from his pocket, "will be here!"

Yumiko took the brochure from Josuke and scanned over the words, "a spa? Ginzan Onsen? This place looks beautiful! And a little pricey…" Yumiko said, whispering the last couple words.

"Suzie insisted, I think she's in a gift giving stage of her life," Josuke chuckled.

"Well I don't mind at all," Yumiko smiled, kissing her husband on the cheek.

—------------------------------------------------------

"This place is beautiful Josuke," Yumiko said as they walked through the small resort that Suzie had booked for them.

"Yeah Suzie really went all out," Josuke chuckled, "this is us here," he said, stopping in front of one of the doors and unlocking it.

The room was bright and cozy, a large window set in the outside facing wall.

A king sized bed placed with the headboard against the wall, plush and clean, white bedsheets folded neatly over the corners of the mattress.

"Oh, so comfortable," Yumiko groaned as she laid on the bed, "not a single action figure in here at all!"

Josuke laughed, crouching down beside the bed so he was at eye level with his wife, "I'm glad you like it."

"Like it? I love it!" Yumiko exclaimed, "I don't think I've ever been this excited about a hotel before!"
"You do seem to really enjoy travelling," Josuke said with a smile.

Yumiko sighed softly, "can I tell you a secret Jojo?" She asked, turning onto her side, and grabbing his hands.

"You can tell me anything you want to Yumiko," Josuke replied.

"In places like Brazil and the Caribbean, most of the locals don't live in the splendour tourists do, they often live in the slums, hidden away. When I was little, my family lived in the slums, then I had my shark attack, and we moved where my parents could get good jobs. We moved to Japan. And once they felt secure, they took us on trips, everywhere, and it brought me a lot of joy as a child," Yumiko said, smiling as she rolled back onto her back, staring up at the ceiling, "so yeah, I do really enjoy travelling."

Josuke smiled at her, "when I was a kid, I was raised on the salary of a starting TA, and the police chief. So before I met my father, I never travelled, and I was always coming up with some kind of side hustle. So I got used to staying in Morioh, but I like treating you to vacations every once in a while," Josuke replied.