A Good Dad

Josuke is literally Bandit Heeler, fight me

It was pitch black outside, only moonlight pouring into the windows of Yumiko and Josuke's bedroom. Yumiko was fast asleep, their duvet felt soft against her skin as she held the blanket close to her body.

Josuke admired her, his eyes were tired but he just couldn't sleep, watching his intently before taking her wrists in his hand and gently kissing up her arms, stirring her from her slumber.

As his kisses trailed up her collarbone to her neck, she began to wake.

"Josuke?" She giggled as he kissed her cheek, "what are you doing?"

Josuke murmured softly, "loving my wife," he replied with a smile, kissing her lips.

"Mhm? Well I love my husband," Yumiko mumbled, smiling sleepily as she draped her arms around Josuke's shoulders, kissing him back softly.

"You do? I had no idea," Josuke teased, resting his face in the crook of Yumiko's neck, relishing in her warmth.

"Yes I do, I love him so much," Yumiko yawned, "you need to go back to sleep babe."

"Can't, wasn't asleep before," Josuke mumbled.

"So you woke me up too?"

"I wanted to hold you…"

Yumiko smiled, her eyes drifting shut.

"Alright, that's fine…"

Josuke's warm hand drifted up and down Yumiko's back, knuckles softly dancing on her skin, a gentle kiss on her shoulder every couple of minutes as they lay together in their bed, legs tangled and arms resting on eachother's bodies as they slept.

Josuke listened intently to his wife's soft snoring as she fell into a deep sleep.

The door to their bedroom softly creaked open as Johiro crept inside and tapped Josuke's shoulder.

"Hey, what's up buddy?" Josuke asked, resting Yumiko on her back so he could turn his attention to their son.
"I'm thirsty, can we go get water?" Johiro asked.

"Sure," Josuke replied, rubbing his eyes and grabbing a t shirt from the floor, pulling it over his head.

He led Johiro down the hall and downstairs to the kitchen, filling up a sippy cup of water, attempting to hand it to Johiro.

"No no daddy, you gotta play store!" Johiro whispered.

Josuke sighed, pushing down his tiredness and playing along.

"Is that all you want today sir?" He asked, Johiro giggling.

"I wanna cookie too!"

"Oh well, the customer knows best," Josuke chuckled, grabbing a nilla wafer from the cupboard and giving it to Johiro, "that will be 10 000 yen please," he said.

"Oh, I forgot my money bag," Johiro whispered, running into the living room and coming back with a bag of fake coins, handing Josuke all of them, "thank you!"

Josuke set the bag on the counter and handing Johiro his water and his cookie, carrying him upstairs, sarcastically complaining about how he couldn't carry him up the stairs, which made Johiro giggle.

Once Johiro was finished his snack and tucked back in, eyes droopy and falling asleep, Josuke went back to his wife, climbing into bed.

"Hey, where were you?" Yumiko asked, sitting up in bed nursing Hisaki, her shirt discarded to the side for comfort as she leaned back against the pillows, "Hisaki woke up so I'm just feeding him."

"Johiro woke up and coerced me into playing store with him," Josuke chuckled, wrapping his arm around Yumiko's shoulders, grabbing a hair tie off of the nightstand and pulling Yumiko's hair into a ponytail so it wasn't in her face, "that might be better."

"Thanks Josuke," Yumiko smiled, yawning afterwards, "can you just make sure he doesn't fall? I might fall asleep for a bit, wake me up when he's done," Yumiko mumbled, nestling her head into Josuke's side, her eyes drifting shut.

Josuke smiled, gently waking up Yumiko once Hisaki was finished nursing.

"I'll take over, you can go back to sleep," Josuke said, resting Hisaki against his shoulder to burp him, Yumiko nodding with a smile as she laid down, falling asleep almost instantly.

Josuke walked into Hisaki's nursery, patting and rubbing his son's back until Hisaki burped.

"There you go little man," Josuke whispered, placing Hisaki in his crib and gently cradling his head with Josuke's hand, just for a moment, stroking his soft hair until light snores came from the baby.

Josuke looked at his son with love as he whispered, "I really hope I've been a good dad…"