Pompadour

"Dad, look at me!" Johiro exclaimed as he climbed across the monkey bars, the now seven year old using all of his upper body strength to carry his weight against the cold metal bars.

"Look at you go!" Josuke smiled, pushing Ayaka back and forth in her stroller, "just don't get your uniform dirty, your mom would kill me!"

"I won't!" Johiro said, climbing down, "I did it!"

"Good job buddy!" Josuke exclaimed, high fiving his son.

"Daddy, Ayaka has chips!" Yuhi shouted, as he sat at the bottom of a slide, pointing to his little sister who had cuts of wood hanging out of her mouth.

"Ayaka! No, that's yucky," Josuke sighed, opening his daughter's mouth and pulling out the wood chips, "alright, let's go home, I think it's time for a snack."

The boys cheered, following their father to the van, climbing in while Josuke buckled one year old Ayaka into her car seat.

Josuke drove the kids home and brought them inside, getting a snack ready as they ran to change out of their uniforms.

"So how was school today?" Josuke asked, helping the boys with their homework as they are their snack, Ayaka chewing on some crackers.

"Boring," Yuhi sighed, pushing his finished homework to the middle of the table, "it's not fun when Aurora's away..."

"You got a crush on her~" Johiro teased.

"No I don't!" Yuhi cried, his face red with embarrassment.

"That's not nice to joke about Johiro, Rory is Yuhi's best friend, that's different than a crush," Josuke sighed.

"Do you have a crush daddy?" Johiro asked, his eyes batting innocently at his father with a mischievous smirk on his face.

"Yes, I have a crush on mommy," Josuke replied.

"When?" Yuhi asked.

"In highschool and still now," Josuke said with a soft smile.

"Is that how you met? In highschool?" Johiro added, curiously.

"Well, I met her in highschool and I actually didn't like her when I met her," Josuke chuckled, "but mommy is just so pretty and cool I couldn't help but like her!"

"Do you have a book about her?" Yuhi asked, leaning across the table.

"Oh, a photo album? I have pictures of us in highschool but not an album," Josuke chuckled, getting up from his chair and bringing back a small box from the tv stand, "this was mommy in highschool," he said, placing a photo on the table.

"Woah! Mommy looks so pretty!" Johiro exclaimed, climbing onto the table and sitting on his knees to see the picture better.

"And this was daddy," Josuke chuckled.

The boys giggled at his picture, leaning in to get a better look.

"Daddy can you do our hair like yours?" Yuhi asked, stifling a small giggle, "before mommy gets home so we can surprise her! Hisaki needs one too! And Ayaka!"

Josuke chuckled, ruffling Yuhi's hair.

"That's a great idea! Let's do it!"

Josuke collected his kids and brought them into him and Yumiko's bathroom, Yuhi and Hisaki being distracted by the size of the bathtub while Josuke did Johiro's hair, then Yuhi's, then Hisaki's, and finally Ayaka, who looked at herself in the mirror and giggled the whole time, chewing on her fingers.

Once he was done, Josuke corralled all the kids into Ayaka's bedroom and told Johiro and Yuhi to keep everyone there while he ordered dinner, where they would reveal their new looks to Yumiko, in a few minutes when she got home.