Oku and Ivy sitting in a tree

“She’s huh?” Josuke stammered, sitting in the backyard with Okuyasu, watching their partners and their kids running around, enjoying the spring.

“She’s pregnant, again, we have two kids now,” Okuyasu explained, “and she accepted the proposal too so I’m over the moon!”

“Well that’s good! So what do you hope you have this time, another girl or a boy?” Josuke asked, patting his best friend’s shoulder.

“Honestly, I’m hoping we have another girl. When I was a kid I would have wanted all boys, I was just raised like that, wanted to carry on the family name you know?” Okuyasu chuckled, “but it died with Keicho when I was a teenager because I really felt like nobody could love me, and I never thought me and Ivy would be parents together, and I love my daughter like I haven’t loved anything else in the world… I’m at peace with the fact that the Nijimura name will not continue if I have two daughters, unless one of my girls decides to keep her last name if she gets married,” Okuyasu said with a small smile.

“Y’know, I was never told how you and Ivy met, let alone started dating,” Josuke said, thinking out loud, “like only you could move to Italy and immediately bump into one of your favourite game devs on the same day.”

“It’s a pretty funny story,” Okuyasu said happily, moving away from the previous melancholic topic with a leap, “so me and Yumiko got to Italy, moved into a little apartment complex, and we went grocery shopping, when we got back we were waiting for the elevator and suddenly Ivy comes bounding through the doors and steals the elevator from his, apologising profusly… profusely! Yumiko was so pissed! But then Ivy found our apartment and came to apologise in person, face-to-face with us. She signed a rubix cube for me…” Okuyasu said, his cheeks blushed.

“So how did you start dating?” Josuke asked.

“I’m getting there! Be patient!” Okuyasu exclaimed, “ahem, anyways, that rubix cube is on a shelf in our house, it’s one of our prized possessions. After that, me and Ivy became close and things got a little heated between us, and Ivy made me wear sunglasses and hats to avoid my identity being revealed, and one day… we got caught in a car at a place where we thought it was secluded… I luckily had my sunglasses on because I thought they made me look cool,” Okuyasu mumbled.

“YOU WERE THE MYSTERY FOREIGNER???” Josuke shouted.

“Yes, I was and I’d like to keep it that way,” Okuyasu said sternly, “but when I finished cooking school it broke my heart to leave… I’d visit every couple of months but on Tonio’s salary it was tough. And my last visit with Ivy, the one where Rory was… acquired… I was just about to get started on the cafe, so it would be my last visit for a while. I guess we were both too busy to keep eachother updated on our lives.”

“Right, you were so obnoxious about that cafe for the longest time. Calling it your ‘greatest creation’ and sh*t like that,” Josuke chuckled.

“I have a different greatest creation,” Okuyasu said, noticing Aurora climbing up the deck steps and running over to him, “here she is now!”he added, picking her up and holding her in his arms.

“Daddy!” Aurora exclaimed, “What's a wedding? Auntie Yumiko said you and mommy are having one.”

“A wedding is a big party to celebrate love for two people! Mommy gets to wear a pretty dress and daddy gets to wear a snazzy suit!” Okuyasu explained.

“Can I wear a pretty dress?” Aurora asked.

“Of course you can! Daddy’ll buy you the prettiest dress ever!” Okuyasu said, kissing his daughter’s cheek, “alright Rory, go play with Yuhi,” he said, letting his daughter run back over to the boys.

“You spoil her,” Josuke teased.

“You commissioned custom Prince art for Yuhi’s nursery, I’d say my daughter can have anything she wants,” Okuyasu hissed.

“Well, it’ll get worse if you have two daughters,” Josuke retorts.

Okuyasu looked over at Ivy, who was playing with their daughter, pure joy on their faces.

“I’m perfectly fine with that.”

—------------------------------------------------------

“Hey, I got news from Rohan,” Yumiko said, as she slipped off her shoes after spending a long day with Ivy, finding things for the upcoming wedding.

“What’s going on with him and his… everything?” Josuke asked, looking up from his phone.

“They’re getting into a custody battle,” she replied, dropping onto the couch.
“Oh man, the guy just can’t get his happy ending.”

Yumiko got quiet for a second.

“I don’t think Rohan was meant for happy endings. He might deserve one, but Koichi seems to think otherwise, however he just can’t get them…” she said, sadly, “he was my only friend as a kid, he took care of me while my parents scoured Japan looking for Noriaki… he deserves a happy ending…”

Josuke sighed, “he did hold Koichi hostage in his house, he was a bit of a creep for manga realism.”

“He’s a bit strange that’s for sure, but he’s striving to be the master of his craft,” Yumiko explained, “although his tactics are quite extreme.”

“I can tell, Koichi looked awful when we finally got him out, that’s how I first met Rohan, and he’s not my favourite person.”

“Yeah, I know,” Yumiko said, clearly annoyed.

"Alright, different topic, how did wedding shopping go?" Josuke asked.

"Very nostalgic I have to say, but Ivy actually found a maternity dress she liked!"

"So they are having the wedding before the new baby comes?"

"Yeah, they said they wanted a special day for them and Aurora before the baby gets here," Yumiko explained.

"That sounds like a very 'them' thing to do," Josuke chuckled.

"Speaking of babies, where are ours? It's suspiciously quiet," Yumiko asked.

"I got my mom to watch them tonight so we could have the house to ourselves," Josuke smiled, kissing his wife.

"You are so considerate," Yumiko said, kissing him back, "wanna take a bath with me?"

"Wait really?" Josuke asked, shocked, "you told me you hated being in showers or baths with other people."

"Well, because it's usually my personal time to unwind, but the boys aren't here and you obviously wanted us to unwind together so why don't you join me?"

Yumiko giggled at how Josuke jumped up from the couch, picking her up and spinning her around.

"What do you want in the bath? Bubbles? Salts? Flowers? Do you want a drink? A snack?" He asked.

"All of that sounds great Josuke," Yumiko said with a smile.

"Perfect! I'll get the stuff ready!"

Yumiko watched Josuke run upstairs with a smile on her face.

She was glad she at least got her happy ending.