Joseph Joestar (part 1)

(TW: death, mention of previous death, talk of possible upcoming death, overall angsty)

The room was pitch black, except for the streams of moonlight through the window, illuminating the carpet and casting shadows of the bed onto the floor.

It was a quiet night, the kind where the boys had gone to sleep without fuss, allowing Yumiko and Josuke to fall asleep in each other's arms without disruption.

But there was a phone call.

The sharp ringing of Josuke's phone woke both him and his wife up from their deep sleep, rubbing their eyes.
Yumiko fell back against the mattress, groaning while Josuke answered his phone and turned out his bedside lamp.

"Hello?" He asked groggily, "mhm?"
He suddenly sat up, more awake, "Really? How soon should I be there? How much time do I have?" He asked frantically, "alright I'll um… I'll get some tickets now, I'll bring Yumiko and the boys with me. We'll be there as soon as possible, alright I love you, bye," Josuke sighed, hanging up.

"Hey, what's going on?" Yumiko asked, sitting up beside him, a gentle hand on his shoulder.

"M-my…. Joestar…" Josuke stammered, "Mr Joestar's in the hospital… palliative care unit…. They want me to be there, we've got time but we should get there ASAP…"

"Oh my God," Yumiko mumbled, "I'll get the boys packed, you get tickets for a flight to America," Yumiko said, getting out of bed and dragging two large suitcases from the closet.

"I'll do all the packing, just tell me what you want," Yumiko added before running out of the room.

Josuke looked through flights upon flights, finally finding spots on a plane that left in a few hours, Yumiko ran into the room, Johiro following behind her, rubbing his eyes and dragging a little rolling bag behind him.

Bags were packed quickly but efficiently, and the family was packed into the car. Tomoko would be there to take care of the dogs in the morning.

Yumiko drove quickly, they were at the airport in an hour.

At 5:30 in the morning they boarded a plane to America.

The flight was long, especially with an infant, a toddler, and a four year old. The constant noise making the stressful experience worse.

It didn't feel real. Mr Joestar seemed like he would live forever.

Eventually the plane landed, Josuke and his family being greeted by Holly and Jotaro.

"Josuke!" Holly cried, pulling him into a tight hug, "you five are going to stay with the rest of us at the apartment, the boys can stay in one place while the rest of us are going back and forth between the hospital," Holly explained.

"I completely forgot about a place to stay," Josuke mumbled.

"It's alright, none of us are thinking straight, Yumiko let me help you guys with your stuff, there's a car outside ready to take us to the apartment."
The group moved outside, bags and people being loaded into cars.

Eventually they made it to the apartment.

"When's Yukako coming?" Josuke asked as Holly helped get him unpack in one of the many rooms of the penthouse.

"She's getting on a plane later today, right now it's just us," Holly sighed, hanging up some clothes, "I've never met your babies before Josuke, I wish it was under better circumstances," Holly chuckled sorrowfully.

"They're good kids, Hisaki's only two months old, Yuhi's almost three, and Johiro… you were there we we told everyone we were pregnant with him… he's almost five, he's doing speech therapy, can't pronounce Rs," Josuke chuckled, "I wish I visited more…"