special

"Ok so, the crib's in the corner with the mobile, toy basket is next to the closet and the dresser, the glider is there," Yumiko said, pointing to the corner of the room where a chair sat, "and we have all the decorations up, alright, I think it's ready!"

Josuke chuckled as he set a throw pillow on the chair, "and no bumper, toys, or blankets in the crib right?"

"Right, because it's dangerous," Yumiko explained, "or at least not while the baby is sleeping in it, for decorating sure but not while he's sleeping."

"Ah so it's a he now?" Josuke asked, chuckling again.

"Well I feel like our record is that we have boys, so it's likely that this one is a boy too, but I want things to be neutral, just in case," Yumiko replied, a hand resting on her small baby bump.

She watched the snow as it fell outside the window, the ground caked with white intricate flakes.

"What time do we gotta be at the Christmas party?" Josuke asked, walking up behind his wife, wrapping his arms around her frame with a soft smile.

"A little after noon, Yukako's freaking out that she was invited this time," Yumiko replied.

"It's just family dinner, there's maybe like 8 people there, including the kids," Josuke chuckled, "It's me, you, Giorno, Jotaro, Jolyne, Suzie, Holly, Shizuka, Valentina, and the boys."

"That's 12 people honey," Yumiko smiled, "she's just happy to be recognized as a Joestar."

—-------------------—--------------------------------

"Hi Suzie, and Holly," Yumiko said with a soft smile as she walked into the private dining room of a fancy restaurant and hugged the elderly woman and her sister-in-law, "how have you been?"

"I've been well, and I see you've been busy," Suzie replied, chuckling as she gestured to Yumiko's abdomen.

"You aren't wrong," Yumiko chuckled.

"Now where's that stepson of mine?" Suzie asked, "I need to have a word with him."

"He's with the boys," Yumiko sighed, gesturing to behind her where Josuke was anxiously holding onto his three sons, Hisaki in one arm, Yuhi holding onto his leg, and Johiro had yet to be caught as he ran in circles around his father.

Suzie approached the four Higashikatas, allowing Yumiko to visit the rest of the family.

"Nice to see you Jotaro, and Jolyne! I haven't seen you in forever!" Yumiko exclaimed.

"Hey! Sorry I've been busy…" Jolyne mumbled, rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly.

"Doing what?" Yumiko chuckled.

"Prison time," Jotaro replied, bluntly, "Wrongful prison time but time nonetheless."

"I see, well I wouldn't be lying if I said I didn't have a run in with the local authorities as a teenager," Yumiko sighed, "but it's not a good thing!"

Jolyne chuckled, "I know it isn't Yu, I don't plan on going back!"

"Good," Yumiko smiled, "oh Yukako!"

Yumiko ran over to her sister-in-law, talking excitedly about how she was able to join them for a Christmas celebration as an official Joestar, although the family had known since her teenage years.

"So who's that guy?" Yukako asked, pointing across the room, "he doesn't look like he fits in with this crowd."

Yumiko looked over, a tall man coming into view.

He was dressed in a deep red suit, his hair done up in blond curls as he mumbled into the head of a small girl no older than four in his arms, her eyes closed and shut with sleep.