Happy Birthday

A special thanks to bellethebookbeast for suggesting this idea! <3

"Mommy, what's on the calendar?" Johiro, standing in front of the fridge, looking up at the large, magnetised calendar stuck tightly to the smooth door.

Yumiko stood over him and looked at the calendar.

"Well, it's May, May 28th! Do you know what tomorrow is?" Yumiko asked, crouching beside Johiro.

"What is it?"

"It's Mommy's Birthday! I'm turning 32!" Yumiko said with a smile.

"Woah! That's a big number mommy!" Johiro gasped.

"I know, I'm not too happy about it," Yumiko chuckled before she kissed his cheek and left the kitchen, Johiro continuing to stare at the calendar.

Yuhi walked into the kitchen, looking at his brother with confusion.

"What are you doin' Jojo?" He asked, moving to stand beside his brother.

"Mommy's birthday is tomorrow and she said she isn't happy about it…" Johiro mumbled, "she shouldn't be sad about her birthday!"

Yuhi looked at the ground for a moment and then looked at his brother excitedly.

"We should find her the bestest birthday ever!" Yuhi exclaimed.

"Yuhi! You're the smartest! Ayaka and Hisaki can help too!" Johiro exclaimed, running out of the kitchen, Yuhi following behind.

—------------------------------------------------------

"Johiro, she's heavyyyy!" Yuhi grumbled as he carried Ayaka, following behind his other two brothers down the sidewalk.

"What are we supposed to do then?" Johiro asked, "we don't have a wagon!"

Johiro stopped and flopped onto the lawn next to the sidewalk.

"Hey! What're you kids doing on my lawn?" Asked a man, walking out of the open garage door, pulling a motorcycle alongside him.

"Stranger!" Yuhi shouted, holding Ayaka tighter.

The man squinted at the kids, looking closer at the four, "you kids look familiar, who are you?" He asked, moving further down the driveway.

Johiro corralled his siblings behind him, spreading his arms out to the side to shield them, "wouldn't you like to know!"

The man chuckled, "that's why you look familiar, are you related to a lady named Yumiko at all?" He asked.

Johiro looked at him, scrutinising his tattooed face and strange hair before answering, "you know my mommy?"

"Hah! She's the toughest chick I've ever met! How do you know that one?" The man asked, pointing to Ayaka, "she doesn't really look like the rest of you?"

"That's my baby sister," Johiro explained with a furrowed brow, "she just looks a lot like my daddy."

The man squinted at Ayaka before he chuckled once more, "of course, you're Josuke's kids too! Well hey, I'm an acquaintance of your dad's, the name's Yuya, where are you all going?" Yuya asked, crouching down in front of the kids.

"I'm Johiro, it's Mommy's birthday tomorrow and she's sad about it so we're trying to find her the bestest birthday gift ever," Johiro said, "but Ayaka's heavy…"

Yuya smiled at the kids and stood up.

"Well, you're gonna need some money to find the bestest birthday gift ever, and I need some help pushing my bike to the shop, so let's make a deal," Yuya offered, "Johiro, you and that one there," he said, pointing at Yuhi, "help me push my bike to the shop, and Ayaka and that one sit in the seat until we get there, then I'll give you guys some money for helping me."