Obligatory Beach Episode

"Beach beach beach!" Johiro and Yuhi chanted from the back seat of the car, Hisaki staring out the front window in between his brothers.

"What is a beach mommy? Why do we need to wear shorts to go there?" Johiro asked, pausing his chants.

"A beach is a big piece of earth covered in sand with an ocean beside it," Yumiko explained, "me, daddy, and our friends went to beaches when we were in highschool."

"How long have you known daddy?" Yuhi asked.

"Me and daddy have known eachother since we were 17," Yumiko replied as Josuke pulled into a sandy parking lot across the street from an ice cream shop and a park.

"Alright guys, let's go! Look, it's Auntie Yukako and Uncle Koichi!" Josuke exclaimed.

The family got out of the car and Yumiko carried Hisaki down to the sandy beach.

"Hi Yu! You guys made it!" Yukako exclaimed happily, sitting on a towel leaning back on her palms wearing a navy blue maternity bikini and a floppy sun hat. Kaya was splashing in the waves with Emiko and Koichi, Koichi carrying him and Yukako's 1 and a half year old daughter, the younger of their current three.

"How many kids do you have now?" Yumiko chuckled, Josuke laying out some towels that Yumiko set Hisaki down on before sitting down herself.

Yukako laughed, "currently in the world we have three, but this is the fourth and fifth ones," she said, poking her stomach, "is that your same swimsuit from highschool?" She asked, pointing to Yumiko's black two piece.

"Ha! I wish, this is just a similar one. I've gone up one or two sizes since I was 17 and had three kids," Yumiko replied.

"Really? You look just the same as you did then," Yukako said.

"Thank you, you still look great too," Yumiko added, "have you ever met Ivy before?"

"No, I am so excited to meet her!"

"They should be here soon," Yumiko smiled, grabbing Yuhi and Johiro's shoulders as they tried to run out into the ocean and beginning to rub sunscreen into their skin as Josuke filled up their floaties with air.

"Ok guys, let me put on my sunscreen and then we'll go into the water," Josuke said, taking the sunscreen bottle and pouring some into his hand.

"Hey! We're here!" Ivy exclaimed as Okuyasu ran down to the beach with Aurora hanging onto his bicep, giggling and squealing.

"Oh my god, she's so cute!" Yukako exclaimed, waving.

"Hey Yukako! Long time no see!" Okuyasu exclaimed.

"Hey Okuyasu! Who's this?" Yukako asked as Okuyasu set Aurora down on the sand.

"This is my daughter Aurora, and these are my twins Isidora and Dante," Okuyasu said, beaming with pride when Ivy had pushed the stroller down to the rest of the group, "and this is my wife!"

"Hi, I'm Ivy, it's really nice to meet you," Ivy said, holding out her hand to Yukako who shook it happily.

"I'm Yukako, I'm Josuke's twin sister, it's really nice to meet you too," Yukako replied.

"This is a beautiful beach," Ivy said, looking out over the water.

"I'm sure it can't compare to the beaches in Italy," Yukako said.

"I didn't always go to the beaches, it's nice to go here where there aren't a lot of people and nobody can recognize me," Ivy replied.

"Well then welcome to Morioh's beaches!" Yukako exclaimed.

—------------------------------------------------------

"I remember coming here as a teenager with you guys," Yukako said as the group shared lunch on the beach.

"Ha! Yeah Yumiko kicked Josuke's ass in that swimming race!" Okuyasu guffawed.

"Well I'd say kicking my ass is an overstatement," Josuke mumbled, chewing on a sandwich.

"Oh yeah? Wanna bet on that?" Yumiko teased.

"We should have a rematch!" Yukako exclaimed.

"That seems like a fair choice, I'll be the judge," Koichi said, getting up from the ground, Yumiko and Josuke, approaching the ocean.

The rest of the group followed, some of them carrying the younger kids who could not walk on their own.

"In your ready positions!" Koichi exclaimed, standing on a rock beside the beach, "you will swim to that buoy, whoever touches the buoy first wins! On your mark! Get set! Go!"

Yumiko and Josuke dove into the water, their friends and family cheering behind them.

The water became a bubbling silence whenever Yumiko and Josuke disappeared under the glassy surface.

Josuke's hand reached out through the water to touch the buoy, and touched the back of Yumiko's hand instead, her skin already touching the buoy.

He looked at his wife as his head peaked over the water.

Her hair was soaked with the ocean water, her skin sparkling with droplets as she gasped for air, their hands dropping off of the buoy and Yumiko reaching up to push the water out of her hair.

She exclaimed in surprise as Josuke pulled her close to him and kissed her before pulling her onto his shoulder and cheering for her, standing on his tiptoes to reach the sand under the water before carrying her back to the beach, their friends celebrating Yumiko's second victory.

"Yay mommy!!!" Johiro exclaimed, hopping around the beach, as Josuke set Yumiko's feet onto the sand.

"I have remained victorious!" Yumiko exclaimed before she kissed her husband and whispered, "but I'd say it was super close to a tie."

—------------------------------------------------------

Yumiko and Josuke sat beside each other in their bed, the dogs curled up at their feet as Yumiko looked through a magazine while Josuke flipped through a book.

"Hey, we could turn the spare room into an office or a playroom for the boys," Yumiko suggested, showing Josuke some pages from her magazine.

"Hmm that would be nice, I mean neither of us need offices so we could make it a playroom," Josuke replied, "or…"

"Or what?" Yumiko said, smiling a little.

"Well, I wanted to talk to you about something, Yumiko," Josuke said, turning onto his side.

Yumiko set down her magazine and did the same, facing her husband, "ok, talk to me."

"Well, I love you a lot, so much, more than you could possibly understand, and I love the boys just as much. But the more I understand how much I love you guys I feel like something is missing…. Are you following where I'm going?" Josuke asked.

Yumiko sighed softly with a small smile, "you want to have another baby," she said, "is that what you wanted to talk about?"

Josuke nodded a little, "I know that we already have three kids and it might seem like a lot to people around us, but I feel like there's one more person I'm supposed to love…" Josuke mumbled, looking up into his wife's eyes, tears brimming around her lids.

"Josuke, I had no idea you were feeling this, I want to suggest something," Yumiko said, grabbing her husband's hand and squeezing it, "we just see what happens. I'm not against having another baby but I'm not 100% there yet, but if it happens I am more than willing to go through with everything again, we'll just take away any stops and see what happens. I just want to wait for Hisaki to be old enough to handle along with a new baby. He's almost a year and a half old, when he gets there, then we'll start so then he's over two years old if we have another baby," Yumiko said.

"Alright, I'm on board with that idea," Josuke said with a smile, "I love you a lot Yumiko, and for now let's turn that spare room into a playroom for the boys, then it doesn't feel all that empty," He added.

"Agreed," Yumiko linked her pinkie with his before kissing his lips, "goodnight Josuke, I love you too," before she turned out the lights.