commemorative plates

"Alright, Johiro, lunch; hammy sandwich with only butter on the bread, side of watermelon and a nilla wafer," Josuke said, pulling open Johiro's backpack and shoving his lunch bag inside and zipping the bag back up, "Yuhi, lunch; hammy sandwich with mayo on the bread, side of cantaloupe and a nilla wafer!" He said, repeating the same actions with his younger son before handing them off to Ivy, who waited patiently with Aurora.

"Thanks for taking them today Ivy, Yu's stomach bug is really getting bad, I'm taking her to the doc later today but I need to stay home in case she needs me."

"It's no problem Josuke, your boys are lovely, are you sure you don't need me to take Hisaki too?" Ivy offered.

"Oh no, my mom's picking him up in a few minutes, I just needed someone they could carpool with," Josuke replied, hugging his sons goodbye, "alright you two, remember what I told you to do at school today?" Josuke asked.

"Make mommy lots of cards!" Yuhi exclaimed.

"And draw her lots of pictures!" Johiro added.

"Good men!" Josuke chuckled, high fiving each of the boys, "alright, have fun today!"

Josuke watched the boys as Ivy helped them into her car in the back seat with Aurora, all the while his mother walked up the driveway to retrieve Hisaki.

Yumiko had been battling with a brutal stomach bug for the past few days, and she was unable to take care of Hisaki, drop the boys off on her way to work, go to work, or take care of herself, so Josuke stayed home to help out more than he usually did.

"You can bring him home tonight but there's a possibility we could be staying at the hospital overnight, I'll let you know if anything changes," Josuke explained, handing Hisaki off to Tomoko along with a bag of important items before kissing his son goodbye and waving as the little boy was carried to his Grandmother's car.

Once everyone had left, Josuke shut the door and ran upstairs to the ensuite bathroom where Yumiko was, kneeling on the ground in front of the toilet.

"Hey, how're you feeling?" Josuke asked, kneeling beside her, pulling any stray hair away from her face and tying it into a ponytail before moving his hands to rub her back.

"Like shit," Yumiko grumbled, her forehead resting against the back of her forearm as her face hovered over the toilet bowl.

"I can definitely see that," Josuke replied sympathetically, "we're going down to the doctor's in an hour to figure out what's going on to make you so sick, but if you get worse before then we'll go to the ER. I don't want you getting dehydrated either so sip some water ok?" Josuke said as he set a water bottle down on the tiled floor beside his wife.

—------------------------------------------------------

"Alright," the doctor sighed as he walked into his office, Yumiko sitting on the exam table with an empty garbage pail on her lap while Josuke stood at her side, "do you want the good news or the neutral news first?"

"Good news," Yumiko grumbled.

"Well, the good news is that it's just an illness, there's nothing really serious going on, just an advanced case, I just want you to keep drinking water and staying hydrated, now for the neutral news is my diagnosis…" the doctor mumbled, flipping through notes.

"Well what is it? What's going on with my wife?" Josuke asked.

"Well Mr and Mrs Higashikata, it looks like you're expecting," the doctor said with a soft smile.

"Expecting what?" Josuke asked, Yumiko's elbow shoving into his side, "ow!"

"He means that I'm pregnant dumbass, again," Yumiko hissed.